You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

no retro-compatibility!

I installed the Affinity V2 Designer/photo to test it.

No substantial differencies for my use....or not at all.

Only a bug in photo that was never corrected and now is (lazo selector mantaining last setting).

Problem is...I've saved a file with V2 and in V1 is no more usable!!!

I think retro-compatibility is necessary, mainly with projects shared with other people.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, resunoiz said:

I installed the Affinity V2 Designer/photo to test it.

No substantial differencies for my use....or not at all.

Only a bug in photo that was never corrected and now is (lazo selector mantaining last setting).

Problem is...I've saved a file with V2 and in V1 is no more usable!!!

I think retro-compatibility is necessary, mainly with projects shared with other people.

I'd stay on V1 its not worth the hassle. Export the file from V2 in PSD which V1 can then open or use the cut & paste hack. I totally agree that a product that does this isn't worthy of as much respect as one that does.

17 hours ago, drkanukie said:

I'd stay on V1 its not worth the hassle. Export the file from V2 in PSD which V1 can then open or use the cut & paste hack. I totally agree that a product that does this isn't worthy of as much respect as one that does.

I infact solved with copy/paste.
Hopefully I've saved only a file...

I'll update V2 probably but this "forces" to update to the whole package. And you have to be sure any other colleauge you share files with have same version....not the best thing.