You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinty Photo V2

8 minutes ago, mpowell said:

Which means that updates are no longer free? I checked the Affinity AD & I see dollar sign to update the product, I saw that it costed $99.99 to update the product that I already purchased a while ago.

Updates are free. Upgrades never have been announced to be free. How do you think a company could survive with maintaining, developing and improving any project forever without charging for new versions? 

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

2 minutes ago, mpowell said:

Which means that updates are no longer free? I checked the Affinity AD & I see dollar sign to update the product, I saw that it costed $99.99 to update the product that I already purchased a while ago.

v2 is not an "update" to v1 (which you can continue using as long as you like). v2 is a new, upgraded, version of the Affinity suite, which can, if you wish, be installed alongside v1.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

28 minutes ago, Berry Oaks said:

Where can I get that generous offer then?

Three excellent apps, available on three platforms, for less than £30 each app, (40% discount on the full price) - compared to the cost of the three v1 apps, or any equivalent software, that seems to me to be pretty generous! Although I suspect some people will never be happy unless they can get them for nothing plus a free gift!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad