You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue with the refresh screen & nVidia Experience (WIN10)

Hi. Yesterday I purchased the V2 of the affinity apps. Everything works smoothly but when I start the Affinity designer, nvidia launches its "nVidia Experience" like another videogame...
It's a little bit annoying but the issue its somehow make some problems with the refresh rate of the screen or something because when I am navigating in the document sometimes y see lines or glitches for a micro second, like with the screen refresh.

Maybe someting related with de freesync... I don't know but it's frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @DSGNDM Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delay, we're busy try to get through our msg as quickly as we can.

I believe the Nvidia Experience only opens due to an option regarding screen recording, it should have an option to turn this off.

You can open the apps Preferences > Performance and uncheck Hardware Acceleration, restart the app and see if that makes a difference. If not can you do a screen recording and upload?

Hi @Lee D, no worries and thank for the help.
I tried to uncheck de Hardware acceleration, restar the app (In this case Designer) and still appearing the green prompt with nVidia Experience.
nVidia Experience always pop out when I ran a videogame.

But the problem as I said its not the prompt, it's the little refresh rate of the screen.
I tried to record the screen but only recorded the affinity app.

@DSGNDM

If you're not sure where that setting that @Lee Drefers to is (and I have seen the same annoying pop-up about Nvidia Experience, though not the screen refresh problem!) see the screenshot below:

image.jpeg.96fbad2737729a95d2c5be1bfd69a473.jpeg

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 3 weeks later...

@emmrecs01 Thanks! Very useful.

I don't know, I've been experiencing some lag and delay when I select objects VERY frequently. I've been monitoring the RAM (32Gb) the CPU (Ryzen 5800X) and the GPU (RTX 3070) and everything looks normal, but I'm still having little micro stopping when I select objects. In a very simple file, with a few objetcs.

That kind of problems doesn't happen when I was using the V1 version.