You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When you set your own keyboard shortcuts in preferences, you can then Save them and Load them into the new version. It would be great if that was also possible for Studio presets and pdf export presets, or anything else that has saved presets(?).

Too late for version 1 though, so does anyone know a hacky way of finding the right file in the system to copy over?

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

• Staff
On 11/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, iaing said:

It would be great if that was also possible for Studio presets

Unfortunately Studio Presets from V1 aren't compatible with V2, due to the major UI overhaul, my apologies.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, iaing said:

does anyone know a hacky way of finding the right file in the system to copy over?

You can find information regarding these files here - 

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks Dan - so for anyone looking at this, to transfer your export presets (assuming you haven't uninstalled v1):

Affinity Store Version:

Copy: ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/user/file_export_options.dat

Paste into: ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher 2/user/

I only had pdf presets and this has copied them over fine. (refer to Dan's link above for different location of Mac App Store files)

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

On 11/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, Dan C said:

Unfortunately Studio Presets from V1 aren't compatible with V2, due to the major UI overhaul, my apologies.

1) My first thought, while i saw the same answer yesterday according to studio-arrangement, was: now this can't be true, since this is not a UI-thing, those settings stay the same, when UI changes. Of course some little details might have changed, but it is your job then to convert those, even if the format of storing options changes!

2) i found the according preset-files, copied them and they work. this doesn't proof 1) completely but everything i had presets for is 100% right! (i didn't check pdf in publisher yet, which might be more tricky.)

3) i'm on windows and i'm careful, so i don't copy everything:
you need to copy

c:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\file_export_options.dat

to

c:\Users\~\.affinity\Photo\2.0\user\file_export_options.dat

and

c:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings\Export.xml

to

c:\Users\~\.affinity\Photo\2.0\Settings\Export.xml

where ~ is your username
repeat this for Designer and Publisher by replacing Photo accordingly.

EDIT: okay, found out the following (so far):
the Export.xml is just your last selected Preset per Format. So the user/*/.dat is all u need.
And: this doesn't work on preflight_presets.propcol but those can be exported and imported.
/EDIT

so my final thought is - sorry to say - this is some laziness in delivery, as well as here in forum-moderation.
and on a developer-standpoint: this should not happen! reconfiguring all your details in settings of a complex and powerful tool costs a HELL of time. i spent one o two hours yesterday to rebuilt studio-panels for all personas in all apps in order to continue working without breaking workflow. this is really unnecessary, and i'm damn sure, that its minimum settings translation-work that has to be done here! even if it'd be two but one hours for the dev and a week for testing. this something that should not be left out. and it happened before during the last upgrade.

Edited by ichier

17 minutes ago, ichier said:

i found the according preset-files, copied them and they work. this doesn't proof 1) completely but everything i had presets for is 100% right! (i didn't check pdf in publisher yet, which might be more tricky.)

You started out quoting a statement about Studio Presets.

The files you've shown us aren't Studio Presets, so they do not prove anything about that particular statement. If you actually copied Studio Presets they might break the apps (or not; I haven't tried it).

In any case, your answer may prove useful to someone, so thanks. I would add two additional cautions:

• Make sure the applications are not running.
  • Make copies of the V2 files you're replacing, or rename the existing V2 files, so you have a fall-back if you do damage the V2 app.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The files you've shown us aren't Studio Presets, so they do not prove anything about that particular statement. If you actually copied Studio Presets they might break the apps (or not; I haven't tried it).

oh - true, didn't read carefully enough, sorry!
though: the original topic is about export. and there it is proven - at least for my stuff.
didn't try studio-presets either, since i did that by hand yesterday in a terrible waste of time, and YES please close the apps before and make backups! (sorry, things that are common sense to me, are not for everyone... thanks for clarification!)