You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Customizable page positioning on affinity publisher v.2 in iPad?

Wildcardz

When I upload my work projects to behance,i usually make a presentation in landscape with a continuous format. That means: it is super convenient to move pages/spreads right below each other in stacks, but I can't seem to find an option that lets me do exactly that. Am I missing it? (I'm using the iPad version)

6 hours ago, Wildcardz said:

Am I missing it?

I don't think you're missing anything, but I'm not completely sure what you're looking for. Can you provide a screenshot of what you want?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:39 AM, walt.farrell said:

I don't think you're missing anything, but I'm not completely sure what you're looking for. Can you provide a screenshot of what you want?

Yes, of course! 

I took an example from an InDesign user on internet, and this is basically what I mean: Being able to design in the pages in a vertical continuous format, if that makes sense.

PageUnification.png

Thanks.

1. You cannot have the pages or spreads immediately next to each other that way. There will be some separation.
  2. I see that says you have a 5-page spread. You can have only 1- or 2-page spreads.

You could create a document that uses Artboards rather than Pages, if you also own Designer. On the iPad you would have to do this in Designer, but you could then Save the .afdesign file and Open it in Publisher 2.  I can provide more information on doing this in Publisher, if it's of interest to you.

With Artboards you can arrange them freely, and it's simple to work on them, though some scenarios where content overlays two Artboards are a bit tricky. However, as far as the Affinity apps are concerned, each Artboard will be a page, so if you had 5 Artboards touching each other that way and you exported as a PDF, it would be 5 individual pages. Perhaps that's what you want, but I'm not sure.

If using Artboards, you would not be able to use regular Pages, nor Master Pages.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks.

1. You cannot have the pages or spreads immediately next to each other that way. There will be some separation.
  2. I see that says you have a 5-page spread. You can have only 1- or 2-page spreads.

You could create a document that uses Artboards rather than Pages, if you also own Designer. On the iPad you would have to do this in Designer, but you could then Save the .afdesign file and Open it in Publisher 2.  I can provide more information on doing this in Publisher, if it's of interest to you.

With Artboards you can arrange them freely, and it's simple to work on them, though some scenarios where content overlays two Artboards are a bit tricky. However, as far as the Affinity apps are concerned, each Artboard will be a page, so if you had 5 Artboards touching each other that way and you exported as a PDF, it would be 5 individual pages. Perhaps that's what you want, but I'm not sure.

If using Artboards, you would not be able to use regular Pages, nor Master Pages.

Hey, Walt!

I think that's exactly what I'm looking for! I'd love to get more info about it, if possible. 

Thank you in advance!!!

This assumes you have Designer 2 as well as Publisher 2 on your iPad. You can create the document in Publisher 2, and give it the orientation (landscape?) and dimensions of 1 page of your desired document. Make sure it has exactly 1 page, and make sure to say not to create a Master Page.

Then once you have that document in your workspace, you can click on the Publisher Persona con at the top of the screen, and choose Designer from the pulldown list. Then you'll be in the Designer Persona, which is similar to the main Persona in the Designer app.

Next you'll want to convert the Page to an Artboard. Tap the Document menu (3 bars), and choose Artboards. That will get you a new Context bar. With the Move Tool selected, and the Context bar set to Document, tap the New Artboard button (the + sign after Document). That converts your page to an Artboard.

Now, if you want 5 of those "pages" arranged vertically, just duplicate the Artboard 4 times, zoom out, and drag them to the position you want. 

-- Walt
PC: