You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Paste into Figma

I just tried to paste a vector image into Figma to see if the annoying bug that resulted in the pasted object being rendered as a 1px x 1px image nested into three layers of groups is still present. I pasted the test graphic and voilá, there was an image at a proper size, not buried into several nested groups. I was elated!

But then I realized that the vector layers have been rasterized into an image layer. Huh?!

Serif, please fix this. Interoperability with Figma is important. Please fix the 1px bug and find a way to keep the pasted vector object in vector curves.

Edited to add: I just did a test by exporting an SVG from Designer 2 and dropping that into Figma. It's behaving like a copy / paste from v1. The 1px issue persists, and the graphic is still nested in 3 layers of groups. Going through the export persona in order to maintain vector curves on top of dealing with the 1px size and groups is majorly cumbersome.

Hello! Yes, this problem interferes with work. It can be solved in two ways:

1. Uncheck the box in the export settings of the SVG "SET view box"
2. If svg have already been made and there are a lot of them, you can use the micro site that our team made for yourself (throw a file, and they will give you an archive with corrected svg in response) https://rawcdn.githack.com/dgreenru/figma-svg-fix/master/index.html?4

preview.png

3 hours ago, Yanichkin said:

Hello! Yes, this problem interferes with work. It can be solved in two ways:

1. Uncheck the box in the export settings of the SVG "SET view box"
2. If svg have already been made and there are a lot of them, you can use the micro site that our team made for yourself (throw a file, and they will give you an archive with corrected svg in response) https://rawcdn.githack.com/dgreenru/figma-svg-fix/master/index.html?4

Hey, thanks for this. Unfortunately this fix doesn't really work for me. My workflow typically consists of [copy] a vector graphic from Affinity, then [paste] into Figma. It's so much quicker than having to go through the process of exporting the graphic to a standalone file first. 

I will keep this in mind for times that I'm moving exported SVG files created in AD

In the mean time between now and when (please!) Serif implements a fix, I will continue to manually adjust the dimensions.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi - we have changed some our clipboard settings to hopefully fix this issue in the 2.1 beta. If you want to give it a try you can join the beta program here - would appreciate any feedback.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "SVG copy and paste" (REF: AFD-6466) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742/3".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.