You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to launch Affinity Photo v2 through another software? (namely RawTherapee)

First of all: sorry for my bad english, I'll try explain to my best.

I just bought Affinity Photo V2. Everything's fine, exept the fact I don't understand if (and how) there's a way to set a path to the executable that's working:

In RawTherapee's preferences, I can set the path to the exe of an external editor, to which RT "sends" a tiff with my pp settings applied to continue to work.

Until today, that path was "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Photo.exe".

I already discovered how to see what's in the WindowsApps folder, and I found the AP V2 exe. Problem is that I can't use that exe to launch AP v2 (got an error message)

Now I'm really struggling to find out a workaround for this problem...and if I won't find out one, I will have to ask for a refund and continue to use AP V.1.

Thanks to everyone who will try to help.

Edited by 00maxx00

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

4 minutes ago, af-user said:

I think it was hidden after some users reported that the technique described there wasn't working for them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Update, now it works.

Where RawTherapee asks for the path of the external editor's executable I wrote:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityPhoto2_2.0.0.1640_x64__3cqzy0nppv2rt\App\Photo.exe

...which is what I thought I already did yesterday. I think I didn't copy correctly the entire path.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 00maxx00