You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No rewards for being an existing user...

LOL, between the nickle and dime subs some app makers charge and the holler for a dollar users I think it's safe to say pricing and expectations are often out of wack these days!

Luckily that's not the case with Affinity! 👍

I think the price is totally fair and don't see why they should give existing users a discount over what is already there. My PS sub is more than the cost of V2...and that is just for PS, janky Lightroom (gotta love corrupted libraries), and some meh mobile apps, all of which get yanked away from me as soon as I stop my subs.

9 hours ago, gidkid said:

I think the price is totally fair and don't see why they should give existing users a discount over what is already there.

I don't think anyone actually said that. I am one of the not so happy V1 customers. Even at 40% off, I would pay more for the upgrade than for the V1 license. But that is absolutely not my point. I just don't want to be pushed. Limited discount offers like this are usually aimed at new users. It's a whole different story if someone has never used Affinity before. The discount could be a good opportunity. As an existing user, I would prefer to have more time to decide if the upgrade is right for me. No matter how affordable it is. I am not a professional and need to make this decision carefully.

3 hours ago, MKJJ said:

I just don't want to be pushed

Affinity have historically had up to 3 sales per year, generally offering a 30% discount. So if you are not ready to move to v2 now, you could wait for the next sale, and see how things look at that point?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro