KipV

[By Design] Unable to move end points of a gradient

By tab do you mean the little color boxes in the gradient panel? That was what I was referring to. In iDraw I can take the colour swatch at the end of the gradient and move it where ever. When I read the help instructions it sounded like that was the way Affinity worked as well. If you look at the video you will see when I grad a gradient I can't bring the one from the end to the middle. That doesn't seem to be working right.

Gradient issue.mov

Hi Kip,

Our gradients start at the start and end at the end - I know that's not how Illustrator works (and probably some other apps too), but it's just the decision we decided to make so that the on-canvas gradient tool editing makes more sense and has less clutter. It may be something we ultimately look at again, but I'm happy with it right now... You can click near one of the end points to add a new gradient node with interpolated colour value and then drag it towards the middle is you like, or you can even hold down Ctrl while you drag that node to scale back any other gradient nodes if you were wanting to scale the gradient, so you can basically achieve the same things.

Thanks,

Matt