You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to .BMP

I half expected to see BMP export after all the discussion and suggestions for V1 to include it. That thread is closed, so here is my official suggestion for BMP export support to be included in V2.

It's the standard for several Industrial Controls software packages and using MS Paint or IrfanView breaks my workflow and creates unnecessary intermediary files.

Thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Yesterday I got into a project that had this requirement to export a BMP file of something I made in Affinity Designer.  Had to be a 120x120 bmp image.

Ended up exporting to PNG then importing into Krita and exporting to BMP.  ANNOYING!!!

I rarely see or use BMP's but that ONE time you need to and it isn't there in Affinity.

9 hours ago, Terry44 said:

Important to include and has been a complaint since v1 came out...   

Please add BMP support

Am posting twice because this issue has impacting me recently.

The common defense for its exclusion is "nobody uses BMP anymore". I've never exported to TGA or TIFF, but I'm not assuming no one uses them. I figure they are valuable to some groups, and I'm glad they have the option. I need BMPs, but have to use another application to get them.

• 3 weeks later...

I need this feature too.  Similar to prior threads from here and long ago closed I have to create monochrome (1-bit per pixel) BMP files frequently for use on a low resolution FSTN LCD panel.  One thing that is important to me though is to change the color pallet of the workspace to be monochrome as well.  I need to be able to paste text (typically Asian characters at 8,9, or 10 point) and have them properly rendered.  When creating text in most 'paint' apps, this will include grey levels to help render diagonals better but I don't want this.  Paint does this very well (Save as Monochrome Bitmap, create text box, paste it from Notepad++ in UTF8 format), then I can check/adjust the canvas size and save it.

And it wouldn't matter if I was on a Mac or Windows or iPad.... I still want to export that monochrome bitmap.  IN FACT I'd very much LIKE to have it on iPhone or iPad or Android tablet: Grab a screenshot, clip an area and save as bitmap.  

This feature is easier than 99% of the other features in the app, why not do it?