You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter Forge Plugin - Error Bug

I imported the FF 11 and 12 plug into Affinity Photo but keeps getting an error. I tried to reinstall but the plugin does not see Affinity Photo so there is no way to install the plugins. Is it so hard to check if other probgrams will work with the latest version, what should I do now?

Screen-1.jpg

• Staff

Can you open default folder in explorer and check to see if the Filter Forge 11 plugin files are there. As I don't think Filter Forge will have updated their installer to auto detect our V2 versions to install the files automatically for you.

6 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Can you open default folder in explorer and check to see if the Filter Forge 11 plugin files are there. As I don't think Filter Forge will have updated their installer to auto detect our V2 versions to install the files automatically for you.

Filter Forge 11 plugin files are there - yes, they are there. I wrote to tech support, they replied that they are working on it.

image.jpeg.448a33048b11d437a077dbbdec5917c5.jpeg

On 11/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Lee D said:

Replace the line in the Filter Forge Config file (Program Files -> Filter Forge -> Plugin -> Filter Forge Config: <IndependentUI value="true"/> (Orginal: False, Change to: True) Do this in each Filter Forge Config file, it worked for me, I have 11 and 12 beta

Screen.jpg

On 11/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Lee D said:

I Replaced the line in the Filter Forge Config file (Program Files -> Filter Forge -> Plugin -> Filter Forge Config: <IndependentUI value="true"/> (Orginal: False, Change to: True) Do this in each Filter Forge Config file, it worked for me, I have 11 and 12 beta. and it works!

I added the FilterForge11 64 plugin folder to Photo2 to search and it is found - appears in menu of plugins.

Unfortunately using the plugin crashes in FF with 'no window handle'.
It is possible that your 'independent UI' edit might work but under Windows 11 Home 64 I am not allowed to edit the profile file (I am an admin)
Any ideas on the edit and permissions?

Win 11 PCs 64bit  Envy and Envy tablet + Filter Forge  Retired computer systems tester doing graphics for charities and politics etc.

See above, please check if it also works for you.

16 minutes ago, gw_westdale said:

I added the FilterForge11 64 plugin folder to Photo2 to search and it is found - appears in menu of plugins.

Unfortunately using the plugin crashes in FF with 'no window handle'.
It is possible that your 'independent UI' edit might work but under Windows 11 Home 64 I am not allowed to edit the profile file (I am an admin)
Any ideas on the edit and permissions?

Having run TextPad as admin which allowed me set the UI independent to true in the profile, I now have FF11 running under Affinity Photo 2 ....  🙂 🙂   Thank you

Win 11 PCs 64bit  Envy and Envy tablet + Filter Forge  Retired computer systems tester doing graphics for charities and politics etc.

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, SonjaThompson said:

but all I see is the Filter Forge 12... link and I can't even select it.

Do you have an image open? And is it RGB/8 or RGB/16? And do you have a Pixel layer selected?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1