You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Card charged but no licenses

On 11/13/2022 at 4:40 PM, hassanshahid said:

Well clearly this isn't a one-off issue. Maybe Serif should disable purchases and focus on fixing it instead of having more failed purchases and more support tickets. I've had my card charged, no license and no real response from Serif. I'm waiting another day at best and disputing the charge with my bank if I don't hear back from Serif.

Have you got any resolution?

Ok, I can clearly see that I'm not alone. Same for me on AppStore today: payment works fine (at Apple) but then the licence is not provided. I assume it's a malfunction between Apple and the app editor, so I'm gonna ask Apple for a refund and then I'll look for another solution (another app), since I need something in a short delay. From what I can read here and elsewhere, this issue is lasting for more than one month and I'm not confident Serif can fix it in the next days.

Thanks for your testimonies, it helped me a lot.
Regards

19 minutes ago, Graphseb said:

Ok, I can clearly see that I'm not alone. Same for me on AppStore today: payment works fine (at Apple) but then the licence is not provided. I assume it's a malfunction between Apple and the app editor, so I'm gonna ask Apple for a refund and then I'll look for another solution (another app), since I need something in a short delay. From what I can read here and elsewhere, this issue is lasting for more than one month and I'm not confident Serif can fix it in the next days.

Thanks for your testimonies, it helped me a lot.
Regards

Even Apple didn't work? Do let me know about the refund from the Apple side. I was thinking of making another try using the Apple's In-App Purchase. But now I think it's not worth it until I didn't hear from the Affinity team regarding my money. Is it lost? Will I ever get the product? Or do I need to look for something else.

5 minutes ago, Abhishek Dhiman said:

Even Apple didn't work? Do let me know about the refund from the Apple side. I was thinking of making another try using the Apple's In-App Purchase. But now I think it's not worth it until I didn't hear from the Affinity team regarding my money. Is it lost? Will I ever get the product? Or do I need to look for something else.

Like I said, the Apple part of the job (payment) works just fine. ;)

But then no licence is provided. I've :

1. Downloaded/installed the 3 apps (without launching any of the 3 before the installation was completed) from the App Store
  2. Launched one app (Affinity Photo 2)
  3. Chosen the purchasing option, followed the steps, received a payment confimation from Apple
  4. But then… Nothing. Stuck on the account panel with two choices: trial (30days) or connect with Affinity ID.

Of course, I can choose the trial version. But I'm not interested in a trial version. I want something I can use without any restrictions and I'm willing to pay for that. But it seems it's not possible. From what I've read here, it seems to be the same while purchasing directly from the Affinity website. So I'm not sure I want to give my bank account a second chance to be charged for nothing. At least, at Apple I can ask for a refund.

Of course it's only my personal experience. Some other people says Paypal process is working fine. I don't have (and don't want) a Paypal account.

1 minute ago, Graphseb said:

Like I said, the Apple part of the job (payment) works just fine. ;)

But then no licence is provided. I've :

1. Downloaded/installed the 3 apps (without launching any of the 3 before the installation was completed) from the App Store
  2. Launched one app (Affinity Photo 2)
  3. Chosen the purchasing option, followed the steps, received a payment confimation from Apple
  4. But then… Nothing. Stuck on the account panel with two choices: trial (30days) or connect with Affinity ID.

Of course, I can choose the trial version. But I'm not interested in a trial version. I want something I can use without any restrictions and I'm willing to pay for that. But it seems it's not possible. From what I've read here, it seems to be the same while purchasing directly from the Affinity website. So I'm not sure I want to give my bank account a second chance to be charged for nothing. At least, at Apple I can ask for a refund.

Of course it's only my personal experience. Some other people says Paypal process is working fine. I don't have (and don't want) a Paypal account.

Yes, most of here are saying that PayPal is working fine. But in India they haven't enabled that. That's why I used there site and my credit card to do the transaction, the payment when through but neither I've got the license nor the confirmation mail and my Bank is saying they can't do anything here. It's either wait or my money is lost. Maybe I'll try calling them on the phone in the coming week.

46 minutes ago, Graphseb said:

I want something I can use without any restrictions

For what it's worth, the trial version is exactly the same as the paid for version; there are no restrictions. So you could start using the trial version until you can sort out the payment problems. (Not ideal. but at least you can get work done!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I eventually got my money back but I never got a reply to my emails which I find appalling.

I don't think there is a reasonable excuse for not replying to customers after 47 days.

Also, if the payment platform choice were to blame, what has been done to prevent it from happening in the future? probably nothing...

Anyways I'm moving on, I have no extra energies to waste on this issue.

6 minutes ago, DGee said:

I eventually got my money back but I never got a reply to my emails which I find appalling.

I don't think there is a reasonable excuse for not replying to customers after 47 days.

Also, if the payment platform choice were to blame, what has been done to prevent it from happening in the future? probably nothing...

Anyways I'm moving on, I have no extra energies to waste on this issue.

That’s great you got your money back. After how many day’s? And which software you’re using now?

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dhiman said:

That’s great you got your money back. After how many day’s? And which software you’re using now?

That strictly depends on the bank policy. I had the funds on hold for 10 days. I bought the V2 apps using paypal on the same day following the advice of another guy on the forum. there are no issues when paying with Paypal 

18 minutes ago, DGee said:

That strictly depends on the bank policy. I had the funds on hold for 10 days. I bought the V2 apps using paypal on the same day following the advice of another guy on the forum. there are no issues when paying with Paypal 

That's great. For India they have disabled the PayPal.... Now I don't have any option so far... Thanks anyway.