You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to install any V2 app

4 minutes ago, eddyviv said:

I got everything correctly installed for my machine still I only get: Error in parsing the app package.

That sounds like your download of the MSIX file might be corrupted. If you open File Explorer and look at the MSIX file:

1. What size does it show?
  2. If you right-click on it, and choose Properties:
    a. Is there a Digital Signatures tab? If not, the download is corrupted.
    b. If there is a Digital Signatures tab, select it, and click on the signature, and choose Details. If it is not "OK" then the download is corrupted.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That sounds like your download of the MSIX file might be corrupted. If you open File Explorer and look at the MSIX file:

1. What size does it show?
  2. If you right-click on it, and choose Properties:
    a. Is there a Digital Signatures tab? If not, the download is corrupted.
    b. If there is a Digital Signatures tab, select it, and click on the signature, and choose Details. If it is not "OK" then the download is corrupted.

So I've looked at it it shows:

Designer: 584,084KB

Publisher: 584,974KB

Photo:  621,417kb

All three of them have digital signaturesand I can reach them by clicking the details. 

Thanks, @eddyviv. That seems to eliminate one possible explanation.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Ok this was a major pain in @@@.

So the only way to get the programs to be installed under windows 10 is to have the following:

Go to the windows store

Get the App Installer 

Run the MSIX files 

But that didn't work for me I had to do some major changes to windows to get everything up and running. 
I still got the error: Powershell Get-AppxPackage not working

Do the following:

• press Win + R
  • write regedit (and press enter)
  • go to the registry value: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppXSvc
  • on the right hand side, double click on start
  • Change the value to 2.
  • press ok and restart your computer.

Once restarted open the MSIX file you are trying to install and it works... 
This was not a nice thing to do as an experienced Windows user even. Change your installing type Seriff. 
If I couldn't get this to work tonight I would have refunded tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Speed said:

Well looks like I spoke too soon.  After finally managing to get it to install, whenever I try to create a blank document it crashes with this error:

That seems to be part of the Microsoft runtime files. Possibly you have some system corruption.

-- Walt
PC:

56 minutes ago, Speed said:

That's what I thought too, but SFC and DISM didn't find any corruption.

I did a search for CONCRT140.DLL on my system and found 74 copies of it! Whoa! That's insane. It reminds me of the days I programmed in Visual Basic. We used to call it DLL Hell, because of the problems caused by mismatched versions. Anyway, the CONCRT140.DLL under C:\Program Files\WindowApps\etc. was 0 bytes in size (!!) so I replaced it with the CONCRT140.DLL in the Affinity directory.  Now it's working correctly! Yay! Problem solved.

• Staff
14 hours ago, abodsford said:

Purchased and downloaded V2 of Photo, Designer, and Publisher. When I try to install I receive this message: The app didn't start.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 105601.jpg

Can you tell me what which version of Windows you have installed by following this instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-628bec99-476a-2c13-5296-9dd081cdd808

• Staff
3 hours ago, Speed said:

I did a search for CONCRT140.DLL on my system and found 74 copies of it! Whoa! That's insane. It reminds me of the days I programmed in Visual Basic. We used to call it DLL Hell, because of the problems caused by mismatched versions. Anyway, the CONCRT140.DLL under C:\Program Files\WindowApps\etc. was 0 bytes in size (!!) so I replaced it with the CONCRT140.DLL in the Affinity directory.  Now it's working correctly! Yay! Problem solved.

I think installing the dependency from this thread may have also resolved the issue: 

I Had the same issue.

I installed the apps directly from the Microsoft Store and that solved the problem.

1. Open the Microsoft Store.

2. Search for Affinity Designer (or Photo or Publisher).

3. Click GET.

4. Once the app is installed, open it and activate it using your Serif account username and password.

8 hours ago, Leigh said:

Can you tell me what which version of Windows you have installed by following this instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-628bec99-476a-2c13-5296-9dd081cdd808

Edition    Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎8/‎27/‎2022
OS build    25188.1000
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25188.1000.0