You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 2 (V2) Doesn't Have Language Support for Indic Languages—Devanagari, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Odia, Bengali, Etc.

This thread is for people (like me) who are interested and hoping for support of Indic languages in Affinity Version 2 (V2). Sadly, there is still no support for Indic languages as of this moment, the 9th November, 2022. Features may be added in a future point-update or point-release.

Let's all remain positive and hopeful that the staff and developers at Serif keeps the dialogue for Indic Languages and RTL Language support as open.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, Dev Kulkarni said:

I genuinely am willing to pay the 40% discount back to Serif if they add the Indic Font Support. Just hire despo Indian developers who like affinity already. They'll  probably do it  without prompting

I remain hopeful and positive, but based on the development cycle of Affinity Suite of Applications (Designer, Photo, and Publisher), I am not holding my breath. Here is to hoping that Serif puts Indic and RTL languages on their internal product development roadmap for version 3.

Until that day arrives, I will vote with wallet and not upgrade to Publisher 2.X or to the full Suite of Applications.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am voicing in to request to include support for Indic Language text in the upcoming future updates. Affinity Designer V2 is outstanding overall, but it only lacks to fully support Indic Language text/typing.

Hey Serif developers, it would be great if you could please add support for Indic Languages.

Edited by Rajesh.Maskal

For what its worth, I echo the same for the nth time.  Affinity is a great solution; it  may need a major change to the text processing to support Indic font - but that would be an investment for sure, considering the the scale of market that it can reap.