You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After waiting for YEARS for DXF support with literally no response from anyone at Serif, this feels like a cruel joke to release half a feature. Very disappointing to say the least.

DXF import without export is, as tac0man said, pretty useless, so I can only assume there are other complicating factors that make this difficult for Serif to accomplish. Some clear and direct communication about it would go a LONG way toward building goodwill and managing expectations for the future of the Affinity suite. Right now, about 75% of my work in Adobe Illustrator involves both DXF import and export for product design and graphic design for things like labeling, packaging, etc.

I don't understand the purpose of building a house with knobs on only one side of the doors.

I instantly bought the whole suite when I saw the that there was finally support for DXF and DWG files. I have been waiting for that support since the first one came out. This is a step in the right direction, but I was gutted and felt ripped off when I saw that there was no export option for them. Please add exporting soon! This is a must for anyone with a Laser, CNC or other similar workflow.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the previous posts.

Wha's the point if there is no possibility for dwg or dxf export ?

Affinity is definitely not the end of the chain when working on those kind of files, especially true with architecture renderings and presentations !

It's always a back and forth procedure.

Any possibility that it will come soon ?

Hi,

as it was mentioned before, it is sad, that it is not possible to export dwg / dxf. We would like to upgrade our licenses at the company, (especially with those great prices) where I work, but without this feature, this might be a "no" :( ... Can you give us some info, when might you add the export feature as well? If we don't have to wait too long, we might buy those licenses now. I really hope, we can get some positive news!

• 6 months later...

I'm on V1 and I love it but.. you guessed.. using work-arounds with converting files to get .dxf is an unpaved road I would love to bypass. I have to use DXF for CNC and LASER and this is common practise since DXF is 100% open source and available for almost any vector-based software - if a free online website can convert EPS/SVG/TIFF for you (somewhat) it can not be that hard to implement?

DXF export is the -one- thing I was looking for in the V2 version 🙃 so, should I hold my breath for V3 to arrive or will this mistake be undone in a smaller update? (oh, it would be nice if someone at Serif would reply to this and shed some light on this issue?)

Edited by perigeum

1 hour ago, perigeum said:

(oh, it would be nice if someone at Serif would reply to this and shed some light on this issue?)

Unfortunately, the consequence of not respecting the rules of the forum is evident here, when duplicate threads with an identical topic are created unnecessarily, so that the information mentioned in another thread is then missing here.

1 hour ago, perigeum said:

it can not be that hard to implement?

Edited by Pšenda

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi All,

DXF and DWG export has just been added to the latest beta of Affinity Designer (2.4) which is available to try now. More detail here:

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2