You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 2

Version 2 is a separate set of applications, not covered by your existing V1 licenses. So yes, you need to re-buy if you want V2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

That's a damn good question? As A longtime affinity designer, photo, publisher user I have supported throughout the life of these three programs since the beginning, and this how we are treated by Serif. "You got money you can buy the program again, that sounds like a paid subscription to me". So every new version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 we have to re-buy the whole software is that the new subscription plan that you guys are offering. I'm NOT looking for a "Affinity V2 Universal License" subscription plan. But as a long time user upgrade price please? Yes this sounds like a "TAX" just like in adobe, Serif is this this is where you gonna go now. PAY 2 PLAY? 🥵🥶🤢

20 minutes ago, DrZigZag said:

That's a damn good question? As A longtime affinity designer, photo, publisher user I have supported throughout the life of these three programs since the beginning, and this how we are treated by Serif. "You got money you can buy the program again, that sounds like a paid subscription to me". So every new version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 we have to re-buy the whole software is that the new subscription plan that you guys are offering. I'm NOT looking for a "Affinity V2 Universal License" subscription plan. But as a long time user upgrade price please? Yes this sounds like a "TAX" just like in adobe, Serif is this this is where you gonna go now. PAY 2 PLAY? 🥵🥶🤢

.................?

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

1 hour ago, bulajap said:

If I uninstall version 1 first, will I have to re-add all of my extra addons ( Brushes, ect) ?

Well, if you uninstall V1 first, then V2 will not know you have V1, and won't be able to migrate your brushes, etc. So I think the answer is yes, you would need to re-install them except for any that came from the Affinity Store. Those could be handled automatically by the Account function.

I would leave V1 installed, install the V2 Trial, and let it migrate the content. Then later you can purchase (you have a 30-day trial), and later still you can delete V1 if you don't need it.

Note that V1 cannot open native Affinity files saved by V2, so if you need to share your files with a V1 user you may still want to have V1 around for that collaborative work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, DrZigZag said:

Seriously?

You claim you have 'supported' these programs since the beginning. What have you paid them since that beginning, years ago? Nothing. It seems you think 'using' and 'supporting' mean the same thing. Affinity, on the other hand, has supported you with many free and significant updates.

Can't you understand that supporting the Affinity products includes giving them a few bucks every few years so they can continue improving these great programs?

If you don't want the new features, then pay nothing and keep using version 1.x. Which, by the way, isn't possible with subscriptions. Perhaps you don't understand how subscriptions work? 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub