You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nightmare Installation (Win 10)

Downloaded the trials  -  double clicking on the msix file, did install and launch the package, but then no way to launch the program again (no shortcuts in the start menu)

I made my own desktop shortcut from designer.exe (which got installed in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityDesigner2_2.0.0.1640_x64__3cqzy0nppv2rt\App")  but that fails launch as well.

Finally I unpacked the msix file and was able to start Designer from the exe.  Alas, no templates show up..

Finally tried installing clean from MS store but - I just get Code: 0x80073CF3 messages everytime, and no happiness...

• Staff

Hi @CadFather Welcome to the forums.

The reason you're getting the 0x80073CF3 code is because it's detecting an existing version already installed, see this FAQ for more information.

If the installation completed without any issues you should of had shortcuts for the apps on the start menu to open them from. When trying to open from the app location are you getting an on screen messages? Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for any entries relating to the opening?

thanks, unfortunately, as I said, no shortcuts were created in the start menu or anywhere else.

actually event viewer does not show anything at least I can identify being relevant.

what I've just done is copy the contents of   "C:\Program  Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityDesigner2_2.0.0.1640_x64__3cqzy0nppv2rt\App"
somewhere else, and run the .exe directly (as a portable would) - this seems to work, templates show up etc.

of course this isn't ideal - especially for first time users

(ps.   I'm a teacher and directed many to affinity programs the last few years, many of them would find this a deal breaker though) 

Can't confirm these problems. Installing the complete suite went really smooth here. The apps can be found in the "latest added"-part of the "all apps"-View in Windows 10 and startet from there. Deinstalling goes via the Windows 10 system preferences dialog -> Apps.