Hi!

Is it possible to automatically adjust the size of the slice to the same size as the document?
I have several layers and all of them I need to save as separate files with different file formats (some as PNG, some as JPEG, etc.).

I need a little bit of support on this case from Affinity Photo community. ;)

Thanks in advance for help! :)

Hi pstpn,

Welcome to the forum.

There is no automatic way to adjust the size of the slice, as long as you slice selection is from it's own layer you can manually stretch the slice to the size of the background and then set the required output format in the export setting and with the slice selected click on the export selected to save.

Regards,

Darren

Lame.  I've got 60 layers to output and NEED them to all be the same size ... the size of the document.  By creating slices first, the size is constrained to the size of the graphic, not the size of the document.  Manually resizing 60 slices before exporting them is MORE WORK than exporting each layer individually.  LAME!

Export all slices to a folder

Run File > New Batch job on the folder files and resize them during the batch job

Will that work for what you want?

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I've got exactly the same issue, 30 odd logo's placed and sized on a canvas. Thought I'd just be able to create slices and have something like the 'Trim transparent pixels' option in Sketch. No dice, and now pain in the ass. Sketch isn't even billed as an image manipulation program but understands the value of this option when export assets. Resizing after the fact won't work as I need the additional white space created to preserve positioning and size, that was the whole point of the exercise.

An example of what you currently have and what final result you want might help with any possible solution

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I think I have the exact same problem. I want to cut out (multiple) parts from a photograf and put them on seperate layers. Then I want to export all images with the same image dimensions, that I can put them on top of each other ( without manually setting any transformations). Ultimately, they are displayed on top of each other and the user can manually turn single layers off.

This example shall illustrate the problem:

Source Image(1)

Background.png.563d6b75db7104eb8134ba702c7df80f.png 

The source image is split up in two images: Background(2) and Flower(3).

Background (2)

NoFlower.png.2f00aba2fbb172d1e4af19bb7eff3a5e.png

Flower (3)

Flower.png.575dd85565449f639f1e68cc68e22ef9.png

So that wenn I put 3 on top of 2 for example in a browser i get  again 1:

Background.png.563d6b75db7104eb8134ba702c7df80f.png

What is my current status?

My current workflow is to create the layers 1,2 and 3. Then I go to the export persona, select all desired layers and click "Create Slices".

Problem: The slices match the outlines of the layer, meaning that the exported flower image has a different dimension than the background, which would require another manual matching step, which is not acceptable for my workflow.

Workaround:

Writing this post I found a workaround by manually changing the size of the slice to the documents size.

Problem:

This must be manually done for every slice.

Question

Is there an option to...

a) ... export all layers to images using the artboard size?

b) ...create slices for all layer that automatically have artboard size?

c) ... export slices using the artboard's size?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, 

ukmasmu