You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Restore Purchases

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for the information Glyphs, firstly the section you are signing into in the My Account dialog is purely for the Affinity Store content download & not for the Registration/Activation process - are you able to provide a screenshot of the full 'My Account' dialog from within the app where the Universal License was purchased?

I don't believe this is anything to do with web addresses, as the password you select in the macOS password manager does not change how or where your login information is checked with Affinity.

I can confirm that accounts on the Affinity site used to sign into affinity.serif.com as the address, but some time ago that was changed to store.serif.com - I suspect you have changed your password since we moved the login address to store.serif.com, so this option contains the correct credentials, and I suspect the affinity.serif.com option contains old credentials, hence the error message you see.

You’re right, the password isn’t the same (I didn’t remember changing it, sorry about all this). Now I just need a way to access the Activate/Tryout/Buy dialog from the tryout version of Affinity Designer to try to register the App. The My Account menu is still greyed out, and I only have access to the Account menu through File>New item

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for letting me know!

Please open the My Account dialog, through the File > New dialog and select 'Deactivate this device' from within Affinity Designer - then restart the app.

Once restarted, the Universal License should be detected, and hopefully you are offered the 'Register' options from within the My Account dialog :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

5 hours ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all, thanks for letting me know!

Please open the My Account dialog, through the File > New dialog and select 'Deactivate this device' from within Affinity Designer - then restart the app.

Once restarted, the Universal License should be detected, and hopefully you are offered the 'Register' options from within the My Account dialog :)

Ah, problem. I clicked on 'Deactivate this device' from within Affinity Designer, then restarted, and the Universal licence still hasn't been detected. Here is a screenshot of the dialog. Where do I go from there?

Capture d’écran 6.png

2 hours ago, Glyphs said:

Where do I go from there?

It's late enough that I don't know if Dan will answer this evening or not, so I might try a suggestion as a user who went through a similar scenario.

At your point on my iPad, where I had purchased from the iPad App Store,  I clicked on Buy Now for the license I had already purchased. The App immediately recognized that I already had a license in the iPad App Store, and proceeded to the step of asking for my Affinity Store email and password so it could register the license in my Affinity Store account.

I don't think it should hurt to try this, as there should be some further confirmation before it actually spends your money, but another user seems to have a scenario where it did immediately try to make a charge. All I can say is that did not happen to me, with the iPad App Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

WHAT A MESS.   I asked for a refund because quite frankly, this launch has been a disaster.  Can't restore purchase either, and if I log in it only tells me I don't have a license -- but I did buy one from the Apple Appstore.  Apple is no help what so ever.   They sent me to Serif, and Serif has not replied after three days.

SERIF -- you guys need to get this together.  Great software, just too bad your programmers have kept your customers from using it.

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It's late enough that I don't know if Dan will answer this evening or not, so I might try a suggestion as a user who went through a similar scenario.

At your point on my iPad, where I had purchased from the iPad App Store,  I clicked on Buy Now for the license I had already purchased. The App immediately recognized that I already had a license in the iPad App Store, and proceeded to the step of asking for my Affinity Store email and password so it could register the license in my Affinity Store account.

I don't think it should hurt to try this, as there should be some further confirmation before it actually spends your money, but another user seems to have a scenario where it did immediately try to make a charge. All I can say is that did not happen to me, with the iPad App Store.

Thanks Walt! It took some tweaking but it worked!

That was actually how I ended up with a license for Affinity Designer 2 only at some point, but at the time, the App didn't register any license on my account (and I did try both my password entries).

It actually doesn't happen right away. If I remember well how I finally did it, you first have to click Restore Purchases, then go back to the Buy Screen and click Buy to have the Register Screen displayed at last. And maybe enter the right password at the first try. Entering a wrong password first, then the right password, might lead to a situation where the App looks registered to your name, but no license is registered in your account, like what happened to me a few days ago. 

The Affinity programmers invented the first registration process that looks like a video game cheat code 🙂

4 hours ago, Glyphs said:

This doesn't work for me at all.  It only takes me to a button to repurchase the app.  Then I'll pay for it all over again.   This is absurd, and Serif needs to get their act together for their customers.  I'm not spending any more time on this, have asked for a refund from the Apple store, because I've just purchased a software license which doesn't work at all.  Doesn't anyone there do any product testing?  As I'm not the only one with this problem you'd think they'd get back to us on it instead of Apple refusing to do anything about it, and Serif not answering.  

• Staff

We're sorry to hear this Guttersaint and I am sure Apple will be able to assist in refunding. We have sold thousands of Universal Licenses since the launch of V2 and most users have been able to register correctly, although we're aware that some users are having trouble after purchasing as an in-app purchase from the Mac/iPad App Store.

This process requires additional steps to link the purchase from the Apple ID to the Affinity ID, which is the cause of most of these issues, however we've been able to resolve 99% of these thus far and our team is working to hard internally to make this process clearer and perhaps even streamline it in the future.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

The problem is that I already have an account a Serif -- I've purchased numerous of your products.  So when I log in with my username and password, all it tells me is that I don't have a license.  Now, if you mean I'm supposed to log in with my Apple ID and password, that's a bit suspicious.  
Great to hear others had no problem, but it seems there are many with the same problem as I have had.  I run on a Macbook Pro M1Max, Monterey, and would have loved to upgrade my software apps, but frankly, this has made it pretty much impossible.  I just got a refund from the Apple store.  
It would have been great if you offered a way to fix this instead of simply telling me it worked for others.   

• Staff

My apologies, I didn't offer any further suggestions as you'd already confirmed you'd requested a refund from Apple.

2 minutes ago, Guttersaint said:

The problem is that I already have an account a Serif -- I've purchased numerous of your products.  So when I log in with my username and password, all it tells me is that I don't have a license.

This is because the license you purchased as an in-app purchase had not yet been Registered with your Affinity ID - until you register the license, this will continue to be the case.

I would have been happy to help further with this registration process, but I did not proceed due to the above reason.

3 minutes ago, Guttersaint said:

Now, if you mean I'm supposed to log in with my Apple ID and password, that's a bit suspicious.  

No, you should not need to sign into the Affinity apps using your Apple ID at any time.

If you wish, you do not have to purchase the Universal License as an in-app purchase, which requires registration with an Affinity ID - instead any user can purchase the Universal License from the Affinity Store directly, which will automatically be registered with an Affinity ID.

I'm going to buy the package from your website directly.  But seriously, you guys need to re-examine how the apps function via the Apple Store.  They don't.  Because in the way you describe above, the customer will think they have to pay twice.  The app should work after paying and downloading it from the Apple store.  These extra steps are misleading and confusing to customers, because they don't state that you won't be double-billed.   And the link at the bottom just doesn't work (RESTORE PURCHASE) which is doubly mystifying.   Listen to your customers, and fix all this, or people won't be buying this in the future.   Don't become a Microsoft/Apple and begin to tell your customers to get lost after taking their money.    
I love your products and that's why I'm making the effort to go back and buy it again.  Let's just hope this time that it works.....

Similar/same? to others' problems. Bought at apple store, Universal licence, Designer 2(Mac) runs and it is registered to me, no synchronization for other apps, my account in Affinity says that I have no Universal licence.

What to do?: go to 'my account' on the toolbar - shows no registration possibility as it shows that Designer 2 is registered to me with a universal licence, evidenced by the export purchase receipt (accessed through 'hamburger' to the right of 'this application is registered to'). Also have all the billing from apple.

The classics 'signing out and in' or 'uninstall reinstall' didn't help. Haven't changed my Affinity password, nor does it contain extraordinarily unusual symbols.

How can I register the app to Affinity when it is appears to be already registered in the app but isn't recognized as such in my Affinity account.

Catezan, it won't work.  The launch on the Apple store is, in my opinion, a disaster for Serif.  Launching apps that can't be used?  They really need to rethink their software there.
I had to ask for a refund.  Then i bought the app license directly from Serif, and that now works fine.  I suggest you do the same.
Hope Serif learns from this, and isn't so defensive about it.  In all the  years I've bought apps from the Apple store, this is the first time this has happened.   And SErif, who usually provides excellent customer service, absolutely failed on this one.   

• Staff
42 minutes ago, catezan said:

How can I register the app to Affinity when it is appears to be already registered in the app but isn't recognized as such in my Affinity account.

What application was the Universal License purchased through please?

29 minutes ago, Guttersaint said:

it won't work.  The launch on the Apple store is, in my opinion, a disaster for Serif.  Launching apps that can't be used?  They really need to rethink their software there.

We've sold thousands of licenses through the Mac / iPad App Store since our launch last week that have worked exactly as expected for 99% of our users, though we do appreciate a very small subset of our users are experiencing issues with this system and we're working with these users to resolve it.

• Staff

My apologies - thanks for confirming that. If you aren't seeing the 'Register' option in My Account within Designer V2 macOS, then please select the 'Deactivate this Device' option, then restart the app.

After restarting, you in-app purchase should be detected, and Designer V2 should then be activated.

Now, open the My Account dialog once again, and you should hopefully see the 'Register' option now appear.

Please do let me know how you get on here :)

• Staff

The other Affinity V2 apps will also be signed out from the License, although as I understand it they are not registered to your Affinity ID yet - V1 apps will remain unaffected with this option,.

Thank you! It worked.

For anyone who wants to know the steps (at least how they were for me)

Use 'deactivate this device' 

First the original panels showed. By which I mean those which show up when originally downloading the app. The sign in app did not function, said 'activation unsuccessful'. Tried the restore purchases field, that opened a sign in panel. Then that worked. Tested activating Photo 2, also happy.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, submariner said:

I purchased the Universal Licence for the Affinity 2 apps via an Affinity Photo 2 in-app purchase on my Mac (Ventura).

After downloading also Designer 2 and Publisher 2 and starting any of those 2 apps I see the purchase options screen.

I try to click "Restore Purchases" - nothing happens: I move the mouse over that line and I click, that window stays. I then started the trial period, but after closing and re-opening Designer 2 I get a similar window (only 2 options: Activate and Buy Now) and again the line "Restore Purchases": same behavior, I cannot click.

The same thing is happening for Publisher 2.

Anyone else has this issue?

What can I do?

image.thumb.png.a73a7fc813dfca90cd771ec4fde833c8.png

I have read through this entire threaded discussion.  Not only is the “Restore Purchases” button broken when buying from the Mac App Store, it appears as if the entire registration process is not working.

I downloaded the new V2 versions from the Mac App Store, I clicked on the “Buy Now” button, and made my purchase through the Mac App Store for the universal license.  The product never activated.  It presented the same screen again and was asking me to “Buy Now” once again.  The restore purchases button never worked.  And I can see the transaction went through on my Apple Card.

I tried deleting and re-downloading.  Still the restore purchases did not work.  Suggestions to “Activate” are only applicable if and only if you made your purchase from Affinity directly via their online store, not if you purchased via the Mac App Store.

For now, it seems to be working via the 30-day trial.  I will see at the end of 30-days if I still have a licensing issue.

5 hours ago, ggeoffre said:

I have read through this entire threaded discussion.  Not only is the “Restore Purchases” button broken when buying from the Mac App Store, it appears as if the entire registration process is not working.

I downloaded the new V2 versions from the Mac App Store, I clicked on the “Buy Now” button, and made my purchase through the Mac App Store for the universal license.  The product never activated.  It presented the same screen again and was asking me to “Buy Now” once again.  The restore purchases button never worked.  And I can see the transaction went through on my Apple Card.

I tried deleting and re-downloading.  Still the restore purchases did not work.  Suggestions to “Activate” are only applicable if and only if you made your purchase from Affinity directly via their online store, not if you purchased via the Mac App Store.

For now, it seems to be working via the 30-day trial.  I will see at the end of 30-days if I still have a licensing issue.

Additionally, when I download and install any of the three apps on my iPad, the "Restore Purchases" button works (meaning it clicks), but the error message indicates that "Sorry, there are no transitions to restore! Please purchase a license to continue."  When I try the same thing on a different Mac (same iTuens account) the "Restore Purchases" also button does not work.

@ggeoffreYou purchased the Universal Licence throughAffinity Photo 2, did you actually activate the Universal Licence through Photo 2? I don't think that it is true that the 'Already purchased?' field is only for if one purchased from the Affinity store, it activates through the Affinity ID which you have to have for V2 Universal licence to be used on all apps covered. The forum page labeled 'How do I Licence and Register Affinity V2 Apps? could help, press the 1 reply for important information. 

7 hours ago, catezan said:

@ggeoffreYou purchased the Universal Licence throughAffinity Photo 2, did you actually activate the Universal Licence through Photo 2? I don't think that it is true that the 'Already purchased?' field is only for if one purchased from the Affinity store, it activates through the Affinity ID which you have to have for V2 Universal licence to be used on all apps covered. The forum page labeled 'How do I Licence and Register Affinity V2 Apps? could help, press the 1 reply for important information. 

I purchased the universal license through the Mac App Store.  That site states the following: “After purchasing a license, you will be prompted to register your license.” that prompt never happened.  And now I cannot realize or access my purchase.  

There is a “Restore Purchase” button (an Apple App Store ‘thing’) on the same screen when you launch any of the Affinity apps, but the button never works.  I keep clicking on it, and nothing happens.  No error message, nothing.  That button also does not work on any Mac I own (tried on two Macs, both with the same Apple ID in the Mac App Store).  That same button does at least function on the iPad, but warns me that no license exists.  Again, using the same Apple ID on the iPad as I was using on the two Macs.

Thank you for your reply.  I’m still stuck.  😞