You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Restore Purchases

My issue is very similar to Arcastar’s, I purchased Design 2 for iPad on the App Store, downloaded and opened the app but I did not receive a license.

If I follow your instructions and click on ‘buy now’ this simply takes me to Apple asking me to pay, again, for the app (screenshot attached).

Are you saying that I have to confirm again the purchase and that Apple will not take my money this time?

CBBFA8AA-9953-48B8-AE45-9B6D27020814.jpeg

• Staff

Hi @AlessandroDo,

Please try the 'Restore purchases' (Ripristina acquisti) option at the bottom of this screen, instead of the 'Buy' option.

Does this correctly pull the purchased license through?

Just to confirm, have you purchased the in-app purchase for the license itself, or simply downloaded the free app from the App Store?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

When I go to the ‘restore purchases’ button this is the message that comes up (screenshot)

I don’t know if this answers to your second question, but I followed the link provided from the Serif website to the AppStore and I never downloaded a free app, the AppStore made me pay for the app right away.

79B7B6AD-9490-484E-A9E0-4EE53E554550.png

• Staff

Can you please provide a copy of the email receipt from Apple to the below link for me? The Affinity iPad apps are a free download, which offer an in-app purchase to unlock the full app, or an option to begin a free 30 day trial.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/yadbgDDFHVXmBCelhZVk

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Actually I can’t.. 

I went to my purchase history, and the transaction is €0. I could swear I had seen the price in the AppStore but it must have been an awful oversight by my side, of which I am sorry.

I will buy the license, for real, this time.

Again, sorry for that and thank you

Alessandro

• Staff

No problem at all, I'm glad to hear this has been resolved for you :D

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hello, my problem is that I downloaded the apps from the mac app store and from the designer app I bought the universal license and tried to activate it from designer and it told me that my affinty id and password were incorrect or that it did not recognize them when they were correct,

Suddenly designer opened then I tried it with photo and there is no way to activate the license of the rest of the mac and ipad apps they tell me that the id or password does not recognize it when it is correct because via the web I can access https:/ /affinity.serif.com/es/ but evidently the purchases do not appear because I did it from the mac app store

How can I activate my license?

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-10 a las 17.04.52.png

Closernin_2022-Nov-10.jpg

Closernin_2022-Nov-11.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

• Staff

Welcome to the forums @Lorne Malvo :)

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made (Affinity Designer 2 macOS), then navigate to the 'My Account' section.
Here you will see an option to 'Register' the purchase to an Affinity ID - where you can use an existing Affinity account if you already have one, or create a new ID.

Once you've registered the purchase with your Affinity ID, simply sign into the other Affinity apps using this ID and the license will be activated.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hace 26 minutos, Dan C dijo:

Bienvenido a los foros@Lorne Malvo :)

Abra la aplicación V2 Affinity donde se realizó la compra de la Licencia Universal (Affinity Designer 2 macOS), luego vaya a la sección "Mi cuenta".
Aquí verá una opción para "Registrar" la compra en un ID de Affinity, donde puede usar una cuenta de Affinity existente si ya tiene una, o crear un nuevo ID.

Una vez que haya registrado la compra con su ID de Affinity, simplemente inicie sesión en las otras aplicaciones de Affinity utilizando este ID y la licencia se activará.

¡Espero que esto ayude!

Thank you 

it does not leave me with my id and password either, instead the V1 of mac that did not have it registered if it has left me, the ipad app that I have from V1 does not leave me either

registro.png

v1.png

if tomorrow afternoon you don't give me a solution to my problem to activate the universal license I'll call Apple to get the €119.99 back, I've been all day and you don't give a solution or tweet that they don't even answer the mail support, the only site here and the solution has not helped

• Staff
17 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

it does not leave me with my id and password either, instead the V1 of mac that did not have it registered if it has left me, the ipad app that I have from V1 does not leave me either

Your screenshots provided show V1.10.5 being registered - I'm not sure what relevance this has here, my apologies.

I can see that your account had a few incorrect email/password login attempts, so I suspect this may have been the cause, but I'm glad to hear you've resolved this with a new Affinity ID.

Hi @FRworld,

Sorry to see you're having trouble! Just to confirm, did you download the app from the Affinity Store, or from the Mac App Store, after purchasing the license on the Affinity Store?

Are you running a VPN, custom Firewall, network monitoring app etc?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hello @Dan C

That app was downloaded from the Mac App Store, but the problem is the same with the app downloaded from affinity's website.

I tried with iCloud private relay disabled but it's still unable to check the license.

It accepts my logins but the activation of the licence won't work at all whatever I do.

EDIT : My Login/password are accepted in the first window displayed when the app launches but in the "account" window it just says that it can't connect to servers.

Edited by FRworld
Add precisions

Similar problem here. I bought a Universal License via Affinity Designer v2 on the Mac App Store, then tried to activate my account and my account wasn't recognized. So I tried to contact Orders Support, but they're too busy right now, and all I'm getting is an automated response. So I tried to solve this on my own… I clicked again on the Buy button in Designer, and was prompted to enter my account info again. Didn't work either. So, I activated the 14-day tryout, and noticed the My account menu was greyed out, but I can still access it in the New Document menu, and it says it's registered to me. The problem is that it's the only app that appears as registered. I tried the same thing in Photo, and it stayed in Tryout mode. When I connect to my Affinity Account on the Web, there's no V2 license registered, it appears the Designer App didn't automatically send the license to the account, so it might just be a bug with the web address it's trying to connect to.

So I digged further, and on a Mac, it might be linked to a Keychain problem. Actually, I'm connecting to my account like that: I'm entering my email address manually, then I click the password field, and have an option to display a window with my Passwords Settings. From there, at first, I entered "affinity" in the search field, then tried the passwords for affinity.serif.com, and forum.affinity.serif.com (this last one shouldn't work anyway), and both times I have a message saying that my Affinity ID or Password isn't recognized. At some point, when I displayed the Password Settings window, I entered "serif" instead of "affinity" in the password search field. This time, I also had a password entry called store.affinity.serif.com. I used this entry, and the results changed. This time, I had a new screen telling me that the activation failed because no valid license is associated to my account, which is positive, because it means that with this address, the App did recognize my user ID and password and connected to my account to look for a V2 license.

So now, I think I can solve this, but only if you manually add my Universal License on my account on your side (because the App obviously can't do this automatically). Is it possible to do just this, so that I could try to connect the Apps to my account again? I would also need a way to display the Activate/Tryout/Buy Screen from my Designer App, which should still be in Tryout Mode even though it acts like its license has been validated, so that I can connect it to its Universal licence too.

• Staff
1 hour ago, FRworld said:

That app was downloaded from the Mac App Store, but the problem is the same with the app downloaded from affinity's website.

I tried with iCloud private relay disabled but it's still unable to check the license.

Thanks for confirming that for me! Is iCloud Private Relay the only web protection service you are running currently?

If you select the 'hamburger' (three lines) menu above 'Pending license activation', what options are you offered please?

@Glyphs it sounds as though the purchase of the universal license hasn't yet been registered with your Affinity account, please follow the steps below to do this:

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made, then navigate to the 'My Account' section.
Here you will see an option to 'Register' the purchase to an Affinity ID - where you can use an existing Affinity account if you already have one, or create a new ID.

Once you've registered the purchase with your Affinity ID, simply sign into the other Affinity apps using this ID and the license will be activated.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Icloud private relay is the only thing that could interfere. I also tried disabling the default mac os firewall but it didn't have any effect.

The menu shows 2 options :

Export purchase receipt and delete account.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-11 à 13.16.49.png

Edited by FRworld

• Staff

Many thanks for letting me know, that's wonderful news - our team have been able to identify this issue now and we're working towards a fix ASAP.

If known, are you able to provide a copy of the old password here? You can remove and 'regular' characters from this, we're just interested in seeing which special characters were used.

Our apologies for the inconveniences caused here! 

Please note -

Many thanks!

18 hours ago, Dan C said:

@Glyphs it sounds as though the purchase of the universal license hasn't yet been registered with your Affinity account, please follow the steps below to do this:

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made, then navigate to the 'My Account' section.

I hope this helps!

As I wrote in my first post, at some point, the App appeared as Registered to my name, which means I could restore purchases, and had an option to "Deactivate this device" next to my name. The "My Account" menu item is always greyed out (which seems strange) but I can still access the Account menu through the "File>New" Item. So everything seemed fine, save I wasn't. The Universal License isn't registered in my account so all the other Apps can't be activated, and I can guarantee you I did buy a Universal License and not a single-App license. 

To do what you told me, I had to deactivate the device, which I did, and I then had the option to enter my username and password to the right of the Account Screen.

The exact same thing happened. I'll rewrite it here, because it even looks like an Affinity App could send my username and password to any website if I create a custom address in macOS' password panel…

So in macOS Ventura 13.0.1 and the latest iPadOS 16.1.1 (and probably any other OS using Apple's Passwords panel), when I click the username field, I have to enter my email address manually, but when I click the password field, I can click on a Passwords menu item to open a tiny macOS passwords window like in the image below.

When I type the word Serif in the Search field of this password window, I have the results shown in the second image which is a list of passwords for websites with "serif" in their addresses. When I click the entry affinity.serif.com, I get the "Affinity ID or password unrecognized" message, BUT when I click the store.serif.com entry, all my assets are downloaded because in the first case, Designer is connecting to the wrong address, and in the second case, it connects to the right one. 

But in both cases, it doesn't register the App, it's just looking into the account to check what is available and displays it in the left panel. In my case, it displayed all of the assets I already bought, but Designer is still unlicensed, because the App didn't find any Universal license in my account. I don't know how an Affinity App is supposed to send an Universal License to an account, but it doesn't seem to happen when you click Activate. As far as I can guess, Activate only makes the App check if an Universal License is already there.

I hope this helps to solve the problem.

Capture d’écran 3.png

Capture d’écran 5.png

Sorry guys but this purchase process is a little bit buggy ...

I have purchased v2 and cannot restore, logging doesn't solve the problem

On 11/9/2022 at 7:16 PM, Dan C said:

Thanks for the screenshot provided - if you haven't yet created an Affinity ID, you need to do so from the application you have purchased the universal license in. This registers the purchase with Affinity, and you can then sign into this ID in the other 2 apps, unlocking the app for use.

In your case, you need to return to Affinity Photo and select the 'My Account' option in the top right. In this dialog you should see an option to 'Register' the purchase with an Affinity ID, which will allow you to create an Affinity ID and link your purchase to it.

Once linked, you can now open Designer / Publisher, sign into your newly created Affinity ID and the purchase will be activated.

I hope this clears things up!

One thing Dan, you cannot log in to application from the screen with with 3 options ...

I have signed in into v1, switched to v2 and no activation happened

steps to reproduce:
1. have a v1 installed (in Mac) with logged in user into affinity account

2. but universal licence from Mac app stroje (desktop mac)

3. run affinity designer v2, log in and try to restore > FAIL: not 'activation unsuccessful'

what went wrong ?

• Staff

Thanks for the information Glyphs, firstly the section you are signing into in the My Account dialog is purely for the Affinity Store content download & not for the Registration/Activation process - are you able to provide a screenshot of the full 'My Account' dialog from within the app where the Universal License was purchased?

4 hours ago, Glyphs said:

When I click the entry affinity.serif.com, I get the "Affinity ID or password unrecognized" message, BUT when I click the store.serif.com entry, all my assets are downloaded because in the first case, Designer is connecting to the wrong address, and in the second case, it connects to the right one. 

I don't believe this is anything to do with web addresses, as the password you select in the macOS password manager does not change how or where your login information is checked with Affinity.

I can confirm that accounts on the Affinity site used to sign into affinity.serif.com as the address, but some time ago that was changed to store.serif.com - I suspect you have changed your password since we moved the login address to store.serif.com, so this option contains the correct credentials, and I suspect the affinity.serif.com option contains old credentials, hence the error message you see.

Please note -

Many thanks!