You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Restore Purchases

I purchased the Universal Licence for the Affinity 2 apps via an Affinity Photo 2 in-app purchase on my Mac (Ventura).

After downloading also Designer 2 and Publisher 2 and starting any of those 2 apps I see the purchase options screen.

I try to click "Restore Purchases" - nothing happens: I move the mouse over that line and I click, that window stays. I then started the trial period, but after closing and re-opening Designer 2 I get a similar window (only 2 options: Activate and Buy Now) and again the line "Restore Purchases": same behavior, I cannot click.

The same thing is happening for Publisher 2.

Anyone else has this issue?

What can I do?

image.thumb.png.a73a7fc813dfca90cd771ec4fde833c8.png

Edited by submariner

53 minutes ago, submariner said:

I try to click "Restore Purchases"

Have you tried clicking Activate? That seems like the appropriate action to me. (But I'm not a Mac user, so I can't be sure.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

56 minutes ago, Murfee said:

Yes, it’s the same on Mac, click activate, a window pops up, put your Affinity account details (not the login for the forum)

I purchased via In-App-Purchase (Mac App Store), I don't have any Affinity credentials other than the ones for the forum and thus didn't use any for the purchase - I need the "Restore Purchase" option to work.

But thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

• Staff

Please select the 'Activate' option and you should be prompted to sign into your Affinity Account, or create an Affinity ID if you don't already have one

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Interesting additional observation:

I have now downloaded all 3 apps from the Mac App Store on another Mac I own.

The first app I opened after installation, Affinity Photo 2, presented me with the same screen like in my first post, and: "Restore Purchases" WORKED!

Then I opened Designer 2 and Publisher 2 - same screen, but "Restore Purchases" doesn't work anymore.

• Staff

Thanks for the screenshot provided - if you haven't yet created an Affinity ID, you need to do so from the application you have purchased the universal license in. This registers the purchase with Affinity, and you can then sign into this ID in the other 2 apps, unlocking the app for use.

In your case, you need to return to Affinity Photo and select the 'My Account' option in the top right. In this dialog you should see an option to 'Register' the purchase with an Affinity ID, which will allow you to create an Affinity ID and link your purchase to it.

Once linked, you can now open Designer / Publisher, sign into your newly created Affinity ID and the purchase will be activated.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm glad to hear this, happy to help :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for the screenshot provided - if you haven't yet created an Affinity ID, you need to do so from the application you have purchased the universal license in. This registers the purchase with Affinity, and you can then sign into this ID in the other 2 apps, unlocking the app for use.

In your case, you need to return to Affinity Photo and select the 'My Account' option in the top right. In this dialog you should see an option to 'Register' the purchase with an Affinity ID, which will allow you to create an Affinity ID and link your purchase to it.

Once linked, you can now open Designer / Publisher, sign into your newly created Affinity ID and the purchase will be activated.

I hope this clears things up!

I have done, but it didn't work. No I have v2 on 3 apps with no valid license. 

• Staff

Can you please expand on what you mean by 'didn't work'? Have you been able to create/associate your purchase with an Affinity ID?

Have you then signed into the other Affinity apps, using this ID?

The more information you can provide here, the easier it will be to assist.

Please note -

Many thanks!

Just now, Dan C said:

Can you please expand on what you mean by 'didn't work'? Have you been able to create/associate your purchase with an Affinity ID?

Have you then signed into the other Affinity apps, using this ID?

The more information you can provide here, the easier it will be to assist.

Hello!

I bought apps on Appstore, not on Affinity page, so I registered my apps to my affinity account, but at welcome screen on v2 it says I have not licences, on my account of affinity there are not license codes either, so I am working with demo of 3 apps (on iPad too) wich I bought. 

I am very angry and desesperate =(

Hi,

I am having the same troubles. I purchased the "V2 Universal Licence" as an in-app-purchase in the Affinity Designer 2 iPad-app.
The earlier mentioned suggestions did not work for me. I cannot restore the purchase or activatie it via my Affinity-ID.

I tried to do it with the Mac Apps, but the results are the same.

On the ipad-version the screen says "Sorry, there are no transactions to restore! Please purchase a license to continue.

On the Mac-version it says 'Activation Unsuccessful!'...

On my Affinity Account-page it says that I have currently no Affinity V2 licences (but I did pay € 119,99 for it...)

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_1704.PNG

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-10 om 12.41.21.png

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Arcastar said:

I bought apps on Appstore, not on Affinity page, so I registered my apps to my affinity account, but at welcome screen on v2 it says I have not licences, on my account of affinity there are not license codes either, so I am working with demo of 3 apps (on iPad too) wich I bought. 

Thanks for confirming that for me, please open the V2 Affinity app that you have downloaded from the App Store, where you purchased the Universal License. You need to ensure this is the app you purchased the license in.

Now, open the  'My Account' option in the top right. In this dialog you should see an option to 'Register' the purchase with an Affinity ID, which will allow you to link the purchase to your existing Affinity ID.

Once linked, sign into your Affinity ID in the other applications and they should be activated.

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Welcome to the Forums @PeterFranken,

As above, you need to access the 'My Account' section of Affinity Designer iPad - where you should see the 'Register' option, to link your purchase to an existing/create a new Affinity ID as required :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming that for me, please open the V2 Affinity app that you have downloaded from the App Store, where you purchased the Universal License. You need to ensure this is the app you purchased the license in.

Now, open the  'My Account' option in the top right. In this dialog you should see an option to 'Register' the purchase with an Affinity ID, which will allow you to link the purchase to your existing Affinity ID.

Once linked, sign into your Affinity ID in the other applications and they should be activated.

I bought apps individually last year, i must tu purchase license universal again?

• Staff

That's correct, the V2 of the Affinity apps require an additional purchase - you cannot simply switch from V1 to V2 for free, my apologies.

Please note -

Many thanks!

10 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Welcome to the Forums @PeterFranken,

As above, you need to access the 'My Account' section of Affinity Designer iPad - where you should see the 'Register' option, to link your purchase to an existing/create a new Affinity ID as required :)

I do not come that far. The only steen I see when I open affinity Designer 2 on the iPad, this screen appears:

When I choose the 'Already Purchased' option, and I fill in my Affinity-ID it says that there are currently no V2 licenses and I have to buy it.

IMG_6A3D9B163F5A-1.jpeg

• Staff

Thanks for confirming & I'm sorry to hear this - I have checked with our QA team and they have suggested the following:

Assuming Affinity Designer 2 for iPad was the app where you purchased the Universal License, please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

Does this now allow you access to Designer 2 iPad, such that you can register it with your Affinity ID? :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Arcastar said:

That's a pity. How to downgrade to v1. again?

Simply re-download the V1 app from your Affinity Store account, or Mac App Store / Windows Store 'purchases', depending on where you originally purchased the apps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

Just now, Dan C said:

Simply re-download the V1 app from your Affinity Store account, or Mac App Store / Windows Store 'purchases', depending on where you originally purchased the apps :)

Not appear on Appstore, and licenses on my account either. 

Is a nightmare. 

3 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for confirming & I'm sorry to hear this - I have checked with our QA team and they have suggested the following:

Assuming Affinity Designer 2 for iPad was the app where you purchased the Universal License, please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

Does this now allow you access to Designer 2 iPad, such that you can register it with your Affinity ID? :) 

Yes!! That did the trick! THX!

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Arcastar said:

Not appear on Appstore, and licenses on my account either. 

If you purchased V1 from the Mac App Store / Windows App Store, the downloads will be found in the 'Purchases' section of the relevant store account

Please note -

Many thanks!