You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No extra discount for existing users (split)

11 minutes ago, William Chang said:

It was on their website, not an in app purchase.

I went on my banking app and it shows unprocessed, I phoned my bank to tell them to cancel the transaction so I can make the purchase again but the bank says the fund is awaiting collection so I cannot cancel.

Funds been deducted off my account but there is nothing under V2 place and also, I haven't received any confirmation emails.

Not strictly true

The money has been reserved so that if Affinity completes the transaction the funds are there to pay them but if Affinity (within a certain amount of time) does not take the money it is automatically returned to your account.

But as someone stated previously you should see if you can upgrade for "free" as you purchased it so close to the release date

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, William Chang said:

Funds been deducted off my account but there is nothing under V2 place and also, I haven't received any confirmation emails.

Thanks for the added details.

No, funds haven't been deducted. They've simply been "held" by your bank, and will be released in a few days (as determined by your bank's policy for incomplete transactions). I appreciate that you can't use those funds right now, but Serif doesn't have them, either.

There's more about this in the FAQ, and for additional assistance you can email affinity@serif.com or (better) wait for a response to your earlier emails.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for the added details.

No, funds haven't been deducted. They've simply been "held" by your bank, and will be released in a few days (as determined by your bank's policy for incomplete transactions). I appreciate that you can't use those funds right now, but Serif doesn't have them, either.

There's more about this in the FAQ, and for additional assistance you can email affinity@serif.com or (better) wait for a response to your earlier emails.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. So will the funds go through to Serif though? What should I do now? I did email them, but they didn't sort out my V2 License yet... Should I just wait then? 

28 minutes ago, William Chang said:

So will the funds go through to Serif though?

No. If all goes as it usually does, it will just end up available in your account. As far as Serif is concerned, I think, the transaction simply failed. And your bank will recognize that in their own time, and unlock the funds.

You can purchase again, either the same way or a different way, and see if you have more success the next time. And you can do that now, or when the funds have reappeared in your account, depending on your needs.

For example:

• Iif purchasing from Serif, you could try a different browser, or you could make sure you don't have any extensions that block popups or disable Javascript. Or you could try Paypal if that's an option for you.
  • Or you could download the apps to run in Trial mode from the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store, then perform an in-app purchase, so you're going through a different store.

Or, if you haven't heard back from Serif yet, you could just wait a few more days to see what they say.

ps: As you're relatively new to these forums, I will point out that I'm a user like yourself, not someone speaking for Serif.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1