You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You need to be in Photo's Develop persona.  Then, if it's hidden, go to Window > Location to enable the panel.  Initially, it's likely to be at the top of the Right Studio, in the same group as the Histogram panel.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Curious!  I wonder if there are limitations on the type of files that support this?  My test image was a recent snap taken with my iPhone 12 (iOS 16) in HEIC format.  Apple ProRAW was not turned on.

Or perhaps the default location for German versions is different?  It might be worth while checking each of the other panel groups in case it has ended up elsewhere.

Here's where it appeared for me by default and why I suggested it: 

image.png.86890d9c4c59f4c43a9c7c5e0e46f037.png 2022-11-09_15-32-26.png.0f2b9f2ea46553390ee0230dc1b4795b.png

I'm not sure I can add anything more…

—— Gary ——

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

I haven't got Windows 11 and haven't installed this under Windows 10 yet - I'm working on macOS.  (Haven't bothered with iOS yet either.)  I'd be very surprised if this didn't work exactly the same under either version of Windows.

Out of curiosity, I temporarily set Photo to open in German (which I'm afraid I do not speak, sorry) and - from the Develop persona - this is the option that's required: 

2022-11-09_15-55-33.png.cd3bad6ff2caec18044bc58713be269f.png 2022-11-09_16-03-08.png.d5ebc2b946cc51623de91f4e65703d8b.png

—— Gary ——

3 minutes ago, Thors said:

Thx , nothing 😒

Hmm, I'm seeing Location in the Develop persona on macOS so I wonder why you aren't seeing it. The panel should be there even if the photo lacks geodata. So it's either a Windows issue or a non-English issue. Maybe you could try switching your language to English in Preferences to see if the menu command appears? That might help narrow it down.

1593174203_Screenshot2022-11-09at11_09_29AM.png.de5256e38126313ed6919f714357072d.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Looking at the in-app help page for "Location panel (Develop Persona only)" on my Mac version, I see that it has this note at the bottom of the page: "To use the Locate option, you must allow Maps.app to find your location. This can be managed in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Location Services."

That makes some sense.  I wonder if you have the Windows equivalent disabled on your own machine and perhaps that's why the option isn't showing up?

—— Gary ——

• Staff

Hi @Thors,

As can be seen from the helpfile page on this feature:

The Location panel is only available in the Mac version of Affinity Photo.

My apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!