You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash in Export persona

On 11/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, Martin Savel said:

Update, in Affi Des 2 Export persona crashes only when you try to select another folder than the one which is opened is in save dialog window by default. In another words - it crashes when you try to select different location in finder dialog window. But it crashes constantly, all the time.  

Can confirm. I have taken to exporting only to my Mac desktop and then copying files into their appropriate folders.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION

For me it's really easy to reproduce this crash. You select a new destination folder, click Export, and it freezes 90% of the time.

If you highlight the folder in Finder and hit return on the keyboard, it works fine.

Opening the new folder in the Finder window to select the destination effs it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have this bug, not all the time though. I had it on the V1 version and I have it on the V2 version.

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro Intel with MacOs Monterey.

I don't have any Cloud drive installed such as Dropbox.

Is there people from Serif team coming to this forum ? We would apreciate some communication from them, even to say they are working on it.

Nope. It's 2 months since the thread was started and 1 year and 2 months ++ since problem was reported. Still NOTHING!  I just force close the app 5-6-7x /day, send a FU message in error report and a number, counting up for every crash. It's not my fault they are unable to fix a problem that has been lingering for one and a half year now. IMO they should just dump the whole export persona and redo it from the ground up, as it's the only part where app crashes constantly.

25 minutes ago, norbinw said:

Nope. It's 2 months since the thread was started and 1 year and 2 months ++ since problem was reported. Still NOTHING!  I just force close the app 5-6-7x /day, send a FU message in error report and a number, counting up for every crash. It's not my fault they are unable to fix a problem that has been lingering for one and a half year now. IMO they should just dump the whole export persona and redo it from the ground up, as it's the only part where app crashes constantly.

AMEN

10 minutes ago, Christopher Frazier said:

In an attempt to force Affinity to respond I was working up a video and email to show how to replicate the bug and I couldn't get it to time out.

Is anyone else seeing it fixed on their systems?

Still not working properly for me. Today I have 10 or more freezes and forced restart. :(

• 3 weeks later...

So a couple of V.2 updates and and exports still this isn't fixed (no surprise) at this point. I reall feel quite annoyed that V2 didn't address this, and yet I was still dumb enough to pay for the upgrade.

FIX IT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! The sunk-cost of using Affinity, with these issues is becoming less & less of a motivation to stay.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:37 PM, Christopher Frazier said:

In an attempt to force Affinity to respond I was working up a video and email to show how to replicate the bug and I couldn't get it to time out.

Is anyone else seeing it fixed on their systems?

I've got the opposite now, can't get it to NOT happen, even after a number of restarts of the app, so stuck having to export loads of artboards individually. :39_angry:

They won't see my V3 purchase, that's for sure! And I was pro Affinity for a long time, but recently just talked off 2 of my buddies on purchasing this poop. So yeah.. The damage is done. I would VERY MUCH LOVE affinity, but this is just plain bull$shit. Hunger for money and bad coding, regardless what other admins are saying "ooo they are very talented".. Yeah and a 2021 issue is still present in 2023, and will be for versions to come. How much do you guys want to bet that 2.1 won't fix this? 😂😂

There is a work around:

Before using the Export Persona, export one artboard using File/Export. After that, Export Persona will work as intended! You can export anywhere (Dropbox and Google Drive  included).

Before I do that, I had to use Affinity Photo to export my work properly.

I hope it works for you guys too.

• 3 weeks later...

But I've searched a bit on the forum and they never said anything about it. They didn't ask anyone to send them the crash report or anything. Looks like they know but they are not investigating it.

It is sush a disapointment because I had a lots of hope in the Affinity suite. But it became complicated to use it in a professional context now, and they don't show like they care about their customers. There is 0 communication. :(

Looks like you answered your own question. The same problem was never fixed in V1, and they launched a fast cash grab V2 where they made it even worse. In V1 at least after 2-3 crashes I was able to use the app without issues till a system reboot. So it is only and ONLY the app's fault. Same app, same behavior (actually worse in V2). They NEVER ask for detail. So yeah, trash support and quite a bad team if you ask me. Let's wait for the 2.1 update and see it not fixed. 

2 hours ago, norbinw said:

Looks like you answered your own question. The same problem was never fixed in V1, and they launched a fast cash grab V2 where they made it even worse. In V1 at least after 2-3 crashes I was able to use the app without issues till a system reboot. So it is only and ONLY the app's fault. Same app, same behavior (actually worse in V2). They NEVER ask for detail. So yeah, trash support and quite a bad team if you ask me. Let's wait for the 2.1 update and see it not fixed. 

You can join the beta program and test 2.1 version already. I have no time for that but someone who is in beta program can test it for us.

7 minutes ago, norbinw said:

Yeah, thank you, but no thanks. This final version is Beta enough for me, I don't need an even beta beta, I work on 7-8-9 projects/day, and I can't afford any more slowdowns or instability.

I know. I working in advertising company so I really dont need any beta too.... Cant export stupid business cards for separated pdf without restarting ..... 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:42 PM, reminous said:

There is a work around:

Before using the Export Persona, export one artboard using File/Export. After that, Export Persona will work as intended! You can export anywhere (Dropbox and Google Drive  included).

Before I do that, I had to use Affinity Photo to export my work properly.

I hope it works for you guys too.

I can confirm that this "workaround" seems to solve the problem. It's a bit of a pain if you forget of course, but seeing as resolving this doesn't seem a priority for Serif, it's all we have.

1 hour ago, bajqo said:

You can join the beta program and test 2.1 version already. I have no time for that but someone who is in beta program can test it for us.

I've tested it in the 2.1.0.1709 and the bug is still there... I don't know, I'm starting to think that that is gonna be there for a while! So, I'm using the workaround while the bug persists: finish my design, export one artboards using the file/export option, then making my following export using the Export Persona. It sucks, but it's much better than come back to Adobe environment. :/