You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've unpublished my Affinity Photo courses on Udemy...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let existing customers know that I have unpublished all of my Affinity Photo for the desktop and iPad courses at Udemy. Today's release of version 2.0 is a very exciting time! But I had promised myself that if the interface and features change beyond a certain point, I'd stop updating the existing courses and start again.

Any existing enrolees will still be able to access the courses and ask questions, but they should not be appearing in the Udemy search engine - basically, I don't want new people coming to my courses and being confused/disappointed that what they are looking at is not what I am showing. It would have been nice to have a new course in place ready for the 2.0 launch. But even if I was on the beta team, I don't release tutorials based off beta versions.

I will be starting the Affinity Photo 2.x Solid Foundations course as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time,

Simon

*4th Dec Update* - I found that I couldn't communicate with any enrolees on unpublished courses. So I've had to republish so I can inform people about updates/special offers. But I'm pressing on with updating courses before I continue with the new AP 2.x course.

Edited by drippy cat
New information

Hi Anothermike,

I'm looking at the Designer 2.0 now to see what I need to do to update the existing courses. The interface seems to be basically the same but with new graphics, and of course the new features will be added. So I would say 'I think so' but I'll know more when I dive into the updating of the course.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...