You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed activation of a purchased Mac AppStore universal license

SillyWalk

I've just purchased a Universal License on the Mac AppStore. 

- The payment is recorded in the bank
- Activation required via my Affinity account
- After filling the login form – activation unsuccessful
- I don't see any version 2 purchases in my Affinity account

iMac 27-inch 2020, macOS Ventura

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 14.09.26.png

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

Hey, Lee,
thanks for the hint. 

- restore purchases - not responding
- uninstalling all apps
- restart computer
- Reinstalling all apps
- same result – Activation unsuccessful
- I have no visible ownership of version 2 in my Affinity account

Cheers

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 19.10.00.png

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

• Staff

@SillyWalk

Which Mac App Store V2 app did you use to buy the Universal V2 License in? Designer 2 or Photo 2 or Publisher 2?

If the Universal license was bought in Publisher 2 (or Designer 2) then that license cannot be seen by Photo 2 until you register the license in the Affinity Store. That is how our licenses are seen by registration using your Affinity ID . This is a restriction of the application sandboxing. You Register the universal license using the application that you bought the universal license in.  Hope that makes sense, but perhaps that is what you have already tried. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Patrick

The first app that appeared in the AppStore (CZ) was Affinity Photo. A universal license was purchased through it. I tried registering successively in all apps (Affinity Photo was the first), even on the iPad. 
Still unsuccessful.

I am attaching a video.

I have the same problem..
I purchased the universal license in Designer from the Apple App store. The purchase appears on my credit card... Designer opens no problems, but when i tried to activate Photo or Publisher, I get the "Activation Unsuccessful" message. And there is no record of my license on my Affinity account. 

Please advise... How do we transfer the license from Designer to the Affinity account?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
I'm facing the exact same issue as SillyWalk. I've purchased the Universal License through AppStore (CZ). None from the apps is showing any option to Register. I already do have my Affinity account (for few years) and do not want to create a new one.
I've completely restarted my Mac with no avail.
If I open all the apps and click on Continue Trial, the Account tab is only displaying me the option to BUY NOW.
The Restore Purchase link on the previous screen is not doing anything, although I'm able to focus it using keyboard.

Any help highly appreciated.

• Staff

Hi SillyWalk,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Uninstall all apps
  2. Go to ~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/V2/
  3. Delete the licence.dat and cs.dat files and the Receipts folder
  4. Redownload the app you purchased the Universal Licence in (I believe for you it was Photo)
  5. Try clicking the Restore Purchase link at the bottom

You should see a 'Thank you for your purchase' screen. If you do click 'Existing Customer? Sign In' and follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against. Once that is complete it should appear against your account on this page. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

If for whatever reason the Restore Purchase button doesn't work. Click on 'Buy' against the Photo V2 Universal Licence. Please ensure this is the same app and licence you purchased. It should detect that your Mac App Store account has already purchased this and tell you this and restore the purchase. If it is a different one you will get charged again from Apple. When you click the 'Buy' button for the one you've already purchased you should be told by Apple that you have already purchased this and do you wish to restore your purchases. Click 'Yes'. You should then see the 'Thank you for your purchase' screen as mentioned above. If so again follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against. That should complete successfully and you should have the app listed in your Affinity account using the link above. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

21 hours ago, Sean P said:
  • Uninstall all apps
  • Go to ~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/V2/
  • Delete the licence.dat and cs.dat files and the Receipts folder
  • Redownload the app you purchased the Universal Licence in (I believe for you it was Photo)
  • Try clicking the Restore Purchase link at the bottom

I did all of this.  My 'Restore Purchases' link is unresponsive (as it always has been).  Just a dead area.

22 hours ago, Sean P said:

If for whatever reason the Restore Purchase button doesn't work. Click on 'Buy' against the Photo V2 Universal Licence.

woohoo.  I missed this step.  I was able to select Buy.  I cancelled the top pop-up window, because I think that would have actually purchased it 'again'.  but below it I then found a window to log into my existing account, and this time the result was golden.

Edited by UwillGetThis
clarity

On 11/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, Sean P said:

Hi SillyWalk,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Uninstall all apps
  2. Go to ~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/V2/
  3. Delete the licence.dat and cs.dat files and the Receipts folder
  4. Redownload the app you purchased the Universal Licence in (I believe for you it was Photo)
  5. Try clicking the Restore Purchase link at the bottom

You should see a 'Thank you for your purchase' screen. If you do click 'Existing Customer? Sign In' and follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against. Once that is complete it should appear against your account on this page. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

If for whatever reason the Restore Purchase button doesn't work. Click on 'Buy' against the Photo V2 Universal Licence. Please ensure this is the same app and licence you purchased. It should detect that your Mac App Store account has already purchased this and tell you this and restore the purchase. If it is a different one you will get charged again from Apple. When you click the 'Buy' button for the one you've already purchased you should be told by Apple that you have already purchased this and do you wish to restore your purchases. Click 'Yes'. You should then see the 'Thank you for your purchase' screen as mentioned above. If so again follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against. That should complete successfully and you should have the app listed in your Affinity account using the link above. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

This solved my problem too. But it stays ridiculous !!!