You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font access in publisher for iPad

I am pretty impressed with this release, we got a lot of what we have been waiting for and I am sure more features will be added as time goes on. I was hoping for better access to fonts in iPad… somehow. I realize that it’s something Apple likely needs to implement and out of serif’s control but it’s a bottleneck for working in publisher efficiently. 

I haven’t played with it much yet, but it does seem like fonts are going to be a bit of a hassle. Like you, I am pretty sure this is a current limitation of the iPadOS. There may well be some dedicated font managers for iPad. I haven’t looked into it myself, but if I get serious about using Publisher on iPad, then I might need to.

there are some programs to let you add fonts but it is one at a time and takes FOREVER. iPad needs font access like the desktops have, no reason I can see not to at this point so let's hope it happens! I have a folder with all my desktop fonts on the iPad so i can load them as needed if I can figure out what is missing. It helps a little.