You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 11/27/2022 at 2:15 AM, ChopperNova said:

Products should work as advertised; evidently "we finally got it to run with no fatalities, let's sell it"  is an acceptable standard here.

If you just take one program for one platform ie A-Designer for Windows PC it is difficult if not impossible to send out a bug free version for every combination of hardware out there. Yes in theory every PC works exactly the same but in practice that is not the case. Users will be 'beta testers' for a while yet till most of the bugs are sorted. 
Serif are not the only ones who have issues, Photoshop was out for many years before I started using it and I had to have Adobe sort out the bugs to get PS CC to be stable 4 years ago.
I had no problems with the purchase, download or install on both PC & ipad. Two issues I have and one is a bug that is currently being looked in to but seems to only affect windows computers. The other & put down to my older computer causing Affinity to load & open files to be slow. Turns out the Windows 22H2 update fixes my problem and I have now put aside thoughts that I need to upgrade the computer as it is as fast as it was 6plus years ago.
Now for me the products works as advertised other than the print bug I have.

I can understand the displeasure of users who bought the V1 only a few months ago, but not of users who have received large and small updates for free for many years.

Serif is a small software company that has weighed up how much discount is economically justifiable.

And as I read it, all (registered) users of V1 get a money-saving package (possibly brushes, overlays or something else).

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

11 hours ago, Mauricio Canchola said:

It´s not fair that loyal users who have paid from the first days of Affinity have to pay the entirely price for V2 as new users 😕 ... It feels like we´re starting from the beginning again

Unlike the new users the early adopter V1 users have had many productive months and years  uing the V1 versions.  They have greatly profited from this in a way the new users haven't.  In the last couple of months  Affinity were signalling "something new" was coming,  No one has anything to complain about. 

www.JAmedia.uk  and www.TamworthHeritage.org.uk
[Win 11  | AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]

2 minutes ago, Chills said:

Unlike the new users the early adopter V1 users have had many productive months and years  uing the V1 versions.  They have greatly profited from this in a way the new users haven't.  In the last couple of months  Affinity were signalling "something new" was coming,  No one has anything to complain about. 

You don't speak for everyone, you're just one person with an opinion that carries no weight except yours. 

Having a v2 software come out and offering zero upgrade discount to owners of the v1 is weird and unusual in the software world. 

6 hours ago, Bman70 said:

Having a v2 software come out and offering zero upgrade discount to owners of the v1 is weird and unusual in the software world. 

V1 owners get a substantial discount if they buy during the current sale.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, Bman70 said:

You don't speak for everyone, you're just one person with an opinion that carries no weight except yours. 

Actually he speaks for a lot of people, including many of us who have been using Serif software since long before they launched the Affinity range!

It could equally be said that your own opinion carries no weight but your own!

Everyone has a right to express their own opinion (at least, that's my opinion!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

7 hours ago, Bman70 said:

I speak for myself and echo what many others are saying.  However you're just one person with an opinion that carries no weight except yours. 

Affinity are better than most in the software field. Something I have more understanding about than you do.

Those who had V1 had the value from using that software for weeks/moths/years.  That value I think would be greater than the prive paid.
The deal for V2 is also very good for V1 users.  That new users also get a discount is irrelvant.  

10 minutes ago, Chills said:

Affinity are better than most in the software field. Something I have more understanding about than you do.

There, the level of discussion in here hit the absolute bottom. It simply can't get any lower. 

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

9 minutes ago, François R said:

There, the level of discussion in here hit the absolute bottom. It simply can't get any lower. 

For the last 20 years  I have owned and run a specialst company that distributes  multiple types of software as part of what it does.  I have been involved, in the inside of almost all the models of software distribution there are.  So I think I have the experience to make my previous remark.    

I for one, will jump of the train as I find serif decisions not compatible with me, first the luck of win32 application and the way they treat old v1 customers with-ought upgrade pricing .

just my 2 cent, before i close the door 

• Staff

I think everyone here has expressed the same opinions a number of times. I am locking this thread

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon