You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's the difference between Affinity V2 Universal License (Multi-user) and Individual Affinity V2 Universal License

Thank you Serif/Affinity team for the new release! can't wait to use Affinity V2 apps...

Could anyone please explain what the difference between 
Affinity V2 Universal License (Multi-user) and Individual Affinity V2 Universal License.
is Multi user version like a floating license?

Also, is there a discounted upgrade price for V1 user? 

23 minutes ago, Justin_Sijbolts said:

I am unsure about your first question - however, in regards to the discount; there's a 40% sale at launch right now. For everyone, including V1 users.

Yes found that on another thread. Given the price and licensing it's still a very good deal - but I still wanted to make sure before I make the payment. Thank you!

Affinity V2 Universal License (Multi-user) and Individual Affinity V2 Universal License.
is Multi user version like a floating license?

Is the price less for the Affinity V2 Universal License (Multi-user) because it's more than one license? or there are some other caveat?

I have added them to the cart and waiting for this clarification before I check out.

• Staff
58 minutes ago, saikat said:

As the name suggests, the Individual license is for a singular user, for personal or commercial use - though the app can be installed across as many devices that the licensed user owns or personally controls.

If you have multiple users requiring a license, this would fall under our Business 'multi-user' licencing, which provides the number of licenses purchased as a license which can be assigned to a users email, or a specific device, as required.

If you require 11 or more licenses, please use the following to request a quote - https://affinity.serif.com/business/quote/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

53 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Where are you seeing the Multi-user license?

Pls check the business tab here: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/affinity-pricing/

32 minutes ago, Dan C said:

If you have multiple users requiring a license, this would fall under our Business 'multi-user' licencing, which provides the number of licenses purchased as a license which can be assigned to a users email, or a specific device, as required.

Thank you Dan.
The description of the multi user license says: 

Unlock your apps using a single shared key for as many licenses as you purchase 

Does this mean it can be installed many machines and activated deactivated based on the need?
how is it controlled? Is there a manual license manager or it works like automatic floating licenses.

Also, if I buy the suite license can I install Designer and Publisher in one system and Photo on another system?

Sorry for too many questions,
I have purchased 12 Affinity licenses over the years, however, Suite and Multi-users are new
and I wanted to get a clarification before making the purchasing. (I will be buying more than 1 but not 10 licenses).

• Staff

I'd recommend getting in contact with the multi-licence business team through the below link for further information regarding multi-user licenses:

https://affinity.serif.com/business/contact/

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

15 hours ago, Dan C said:

though the app can be installed across as many devices that the licensed user owns or personally controls.

That answers my question. Thank you 😊 

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

• Staff

Individual licenses are designed for singular users, where you can install the apps on as many devices that you own or personally control.
Allowing other users access to an individually licensed app is against the license terms.

Multi-seat licenses are for businesses where multiple users are using the Affinity apps, as each user requires their own license.

If you are using the apps personally (commercially or otherwise), you only need the Individual license.

If you have multiple people needing the Affinity apps on a singular device, or multiple devices, you need a Multi-seat license.

You can find the full terms of our license here - https://affinity.serif.com/licence/

• 1 month later...

@Errick

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

The answer to your question is: No!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@predick

Yes!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

4 hours ago, predick said:

My friend said his devices (iPad mini5 iOS 16.1 and iPad Air5 iOS 16.1) cannot open at the same time.
Is this a bug or by iPad model usually cannot use at the same time?

We would need more information, including screen shots or screen recordings of what happens when your friend tries.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1