You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I don't like the new UI design

44 minutes ago, Zaxonov said:

I made two screen recordings that shows pull down menu vs. the icon menu for exporting, and the bad choice of a scrolling interface.

That extra click is annoying! Mostly I use my own custom presets, so the scrolling doesn't bother me personally.

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

1 hour ago, debraspicher said:

Contour & Corner Tool stand out like a sore thumb.

image.png.cfe2eddde9465b65b780703249d1a698.png

I liked the old fillet (corner) tool icon. That said, I like what I am seeing overall.

But you know, a new UI is also so you really feel that yiu've purchased something new. So there's definitely some merit to that. Plus it's nice to do for the staff as well, I imagine.

No me gusta la mayoría de los cambios en UI en general, los iconos nuevos más que nada.

image.jpeg.35d5e9c67af25c7fbba591cca68b7767.jpeg

Solo la el icono de la regla, la mano, la cuchilla, y la lupa no me desagradan tanto.

El icono de la herramienta de relleno me parecía muy propio de Affinity, muy distintivo, además era más vibrante y llamativo. Muy bonito. 

Pienso que a algunos de los iconos nuevos les agregaron complejidad que no necesitaban y que ya en los viejos habían resulto bastante mejor, más simples y suficientemente legibles. (Ej. El icono de Crop tool, el de Corner tool, el de Contour Tool, el de fill tool, el de Texto Artístico y el de Caja de Texto.)

Otra cosa de otras que no me gusta es esta ventana, no sé,

image.jpeg.82b741c3a0546ef286c7b6ac3656feab.jpeg

me gustaba más la anterior. Lo de marcar los ajustes de documento favoritos si me gusta. También los iconos de cada tipo de documento, pero el preview del documento con los márgenes o con el “marquito” que se le hace cuando se marca la opción de "crear mesa de trabajo",  o el icono en el centro del documento (tal vez mejor como antes que le ponían en el centro la leyenda: A1, A4, Letter, o según el formato del documento), no me gusta estéticamente hablando. Lo del resumen del documento no sé para qué.  La disposición vertical de las opciones de ajustes del documento me gustaba más que la de forma horizontal en pestañas.

image.jpeg.d314b46794d2b27c9f262de622b40235.jpeg

No entiendo para qué meten lo de la Cuenta de Usuario ahí, y las muestras, me gustaba más en la pantalla de bienvenida. 

Yo no hubiera tocado nada de la UI, solo agregar los de las herramientas nuevas y remozar alguna que otra cosita.

Prefiero la mayoría del UI anterior.

Pero bueno, ni modo por mí, me quedaré con la versión anterior.

Espero no nos abandonen con el soporte a los que no podamos cambiar a V2.   

It's early days, but I prefer the new icon set. I am aware any change to well-used apps can be difficult to adjust to initially, so I think we need to give any change time, take a deep breath, and then see...

Working with the new versions will tell if anything has gone wrong rather than right... workflow matters (but so does the GUI, will spend a lot of time staring at it!).

To be honest, at this price point I think Serif has done a fantastic job, and will improve since they're going for volume sales and so keep the price down, and it's certainly a low price even for upgraders.

To be honest, at this price point I think Serif has done a fantastic job, and will improve since they're going for volume sales and so keep the price down, and it's certainly a low price even for upgraders.

Yes: Even if i complain a lot here in other threads. This statement can not be said often enough! I hope serif will improve things written here but overall it is worth every penny ;)

I agree with you there ... it is good value and does a competent job.

But this new release has taken the product BACKWARDS - not forwards.

I can't see any really valuable improvements - menus have been moved around which is irritating, but will get used to it.

But - there is no value in changing things for the sake of change - the new UI is still hideous and less useable.

There were lovely check marks in a Layers panel, I can saw from a Moon which layer is active, which not
Now they are replaced with awful dark grey and not-so-dark grey dots on which I waste time clicking to detect what is active what not active.

(can't give sample right now as Win7 support is dropped off)

Horrible UI

previously:
image.png.9f2df5faa2c3d4ed2752d678f38ce782.png

52 minutes ago, Gary.JONES said:

I agree with you there ... it is good value and does a competent job.

But this new release has taken the product BACKWARDS - not forwards.

I can't see any really valuable improvements - menus have been moved around which is irritating, but will get used to it.

But - there is no value in changing things for the sake of change - the new UI is still hideous and less useable.

This reminds me of what happened to CorelDraw, over the years a lot of changes were made for the sake of... change.

As shown in the comparison images, the old interface looked a bit outdated. The new interface seems to me much more sober and more visible. Of course, it requires a [short] learning curve.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

I've been using Affinity for a long time and by now the old UI was completely transparent to me. I no longer paid attention to how the symbol looked, but only called up functions that I needed. 
It was only through this article that I started to look at the icons again. 
Some are successful. Some (in the contour palette) are less so. 
Much more important for me are the small improvements in the palettes that save me dozens of clicks.
In the colour panel I now have the last used colours. I no longer have to switch to the colour panels. I see the hex colours directly and can copy them for documentation. Great!
Something like this is much more important to me than the design of a button, which I no longer notice after a few clicks anyway. Have you discovered similar small improvements?

Separated mode is very important for Mac users. Being able to have document and tools separated is the philosophy at the basis of the whole Mac UI. Having documents confined into an application frame window feels very Windowsy, and removes the sense of freedom you get with document that can be positioned everywhere (including at the border of the screen).

I sincerely hope Separated mode will return soon.

Paolo

9 hours ago, firstnose said:

Hello, Did you see you are on a english forum? Please speak in the language of the forum so that we can understand you. It sounds interesting what you are saying.

Hello, did you notice there's only one forum? Translation apps are free. Chrome will even do it automatically. Expand your world.

5 hours ago, Adobe Certified Expert said:

Much more important for me are the small improvements in the palettes that save me dozens of clicks.
In the colour panel I now have the last used colours. I no longer have to switch to the colour panels. I see the hex colours directly and can copy them for documentation. Great!

Agreed! I was so gratified when I noticed this in the update videos.

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

Comments about interface  - initial impression have to agree with some comments.   Start up I needed A4 landscape.  No option only portrait . Had to change dimension manually to get to portrait mode.

Tried to zoom to get page to fill working space.  Zoomed in but using H & V sliders just went all over the place other than being in centre. Early days yet but opening up should be as easy as PagePlus (which I still use a lot because of needing to use PP files which wont import into Affinitty)

One of these days I will get to grips with the quirks in Affinity but opening up a new project shouldn't be this confusing).

2 hours ago, rparmar said:

Hello, did you notice there's only one forum? Translation apps are free. Chrome will even do it automatically. Expand your world.

Indeed, there is only one forum. I expressed myself badly, I did not want to hurt you. On the other hand I don't understand your "expand your world".
Personally, when I follow a forum where everyone expresses themselves in the same language (the same when I travel), I adapt myself, out of respect and ease of understanding of the other speakers (I am French speaking). So I do the opposite exercise. No need to translate into each of the separate languages.

But you are right, I don't have any advice to give you.
Have a nice evening.