You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to transfer Brushes, Luts and Assets from Designer & Photo v1 to v2

I have just purchased v2 and installed Designer; all the brushes, luts and assets I had installed in v1 are missing - is there a way to transfer them from v1 to v2 (without having to re-install each one)?

Also, I have refrained from installing Photo 2 so far; is there a way to install it that will transfer all my v1 brushes, luts and assets at installation time (if different from the answer above)?

Regards,

Jane

Hi @JaneV

When you start the programmes for the first time, you should be asked whether you want to migrate assets, brushes, etc. from V1.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• Staff

Hi JaveV

Do you still have Designer V1 installed? You should be able to hold CTRL while opening Designer V2 to make a reset menu appear, please untick all options bar Reset Content Migration Prompt and then hit Clear. This should force the prompt to appear.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum - Sorry - yes; have renamed it "Affinity Designer v1" to not get confused; and if it makes a difference, I am using a Mac running Ventura (macOS 13.0)

Thanks for the help, Callum, on this busy day.

Edited by JaneV

• Staff

How did you go about renaming the app did you just rename a desktop shortcut or the apps actual .EXE / folder? As this might be the cause of this problem it seems as though V2 is struggling to find your original V1 install.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

56 minutes ago, Victor Praiz said:

Is it possible to sync assets across Mac and windows?

No. They can synch (really, they can be optionally shared) among the 3 applications in V2, but not across machines (even of the same OS). Affinity Store content can be automatically downloaded, as it could in V1.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1