You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Upgrading from V1 to V2

Soooo... No discount if you already have the v1 ?

It's really disappointing. When I bought the entire v1 line I thaught we would get a bigger discount for the v2 but we have the same discount as someone who never touched an affinity software before... and to had salt to the injury with the discount it's like the same price as the v1 version so it doesn't feel good.

Hope you do something about that because it's not really cool for your fanbase.

I agree, there should be a better discount for users who already own V1 suite. Many people choose Affinity because of some of perks over a subscription based company like Adobe, which by the way has waay more power/features behind it like something simple LIKE IMAGE TRACE!!!, and this 40% off pricing same as everyone else is like a slap in the face to people who have invested into Affinity. Of course the company is going to probably ignore this little feed. SMH.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 1:04 PM, Solanor said:

Soooo... No discount if you already have the v1 ?

It's really disappointing. When I bought the entire v1 line I thaught we would get a bigger discount for the v2 but we have the same discount as someone who never touched an affinity software before... and to had salt to the injury with the discount it's like the same price as the v1 version so it doesn't feel good.

Hope you do something about that because it's not really cool for your fanbase.

What's worse is they took away some features from V1.x of Designer and blamed the reason on other companies, just for the feature to magically come back for V2 of the product. 

I've been signing the praises of these products to a lot of people over the years, now I wont be.

4 hours ago, ziplock9000 said:

What's worse is they took away some features from V1.x of Designer and blamed the reason on other companies

Not sure what you mean by "they took away some features from V1 of Designer". Can you clarify that? I don't recall them ever removing anything from V1 that was ever there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I was considering upgrading to V2 too -- but this is so disappointing. Really hope that those that have supported the company will be given some appreciations. Unfortunately, loyalty doesnt have any value but short-term gain on $ alone. I hope there is a change to this.

No one is forced to buy version 2. If you are happy with the features of version 1, then keep working with it.
You guys whining that you can't get a better deal than a new customer should keep in mind that all previous update and the small upgrades that were available for V1 over the years were free. 
And now I ask, who has the greater advantage here? I'm also wondering if you guys who are whining about this had a kiddie circus like this with Adobe or Corel when they didn't have the subscription model?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

I was really pleased to get a 40% discount when upgrading Affinity to v2. Then I was so disappointed to discover that other people were getting the same discount! It's so unfair that everyone else doesn't have to pay more than I do. Come on Serif, anyone who hasn't been loyally buying your software for at least twenty years (like I have) should have to pay more than me!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

@PaulEC

But then Serif has to subtract a few years from your customer bonus, since the Plus versions were discontinued a long time ago. :D

So you have no choice but to be happy that the updates and upgrades were free. 🤣

Oh yes, whoever imitates or forges irony or circulates imitated or forged irony will be punished with sacasm. 😅

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

First, sorry for my bad english.

I really don't understand why there are so many threads to complain that V1 users don't have an additionnal discount compared to new customers.

A single topic was enought, no need to open them again and again to say the same thing.

It seems that some people "support" a product ou people just to get something back.

I didn't really need the V2 version, the V1 is good enough for me, but i bought it anyway, mainly to support the developpers i just hope as a return that they continue to provide us with a good product, and continue their developpment.

I really don't care about paying the same discount price as the new customers. If the price is right that the most important thing.

In fact,  I'm more concerned by the extension of the duration of the discount price because the longer the discount price is offered, the less value it has.

I'm hopping that SERIF doesn't go to the way of VEGAS or COREL where the "regular" price is just a mirage, and the real price is actually the discount price.

Newbie - beta tester

• Ordinateur 1 : i7 7700K - 16 Go RAM -GC : Nvida 1060 6 Go - OS : Windows 10 Pro
  • Ordinateur 2 : i5-10210U - 16 Go RAM - INTEL UHD graphics - OS : Windows 11 Pro
  • Software : Suite affinity V2.1

25 minutes ago, Sam LaGargouille said:

I'm more concerned by the extension of the duration of the discount price

It seems that the most likely reason for the extension was to help people who are waiting for the msi version of the installer to still be able to benefit from the trial period and discount. It's also possible it was to give people with payment problems more time to sort them out. Either way, I'm pretty sure it was just a one-off and I doubt if there'll be any further extensions.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 1 month later...

I understand that people who are V1 users, like me, are upset about that they didn't receive a bigger discount, and here are my thoughts on it.

First, most customers want to be rewarded with loyalty, and getting 40% off seemed like a great deal that made everyone happy until people realized that that's the same discount offered to those who've never used/supported an Affinity product before. So in the end, it's not the deal/final price, but the comparison or "not being treated special" that people are upset about. This is somewhat bad optics by Affinity, especially if they presented the discount as a "current users get 40% off" kind of deal that seemed exclusive. Not sure whether or not they did this at launch though.

Secondly, I wonder how much of a deal would have make the V1 users who are complaining feel good. 50% for V1 users, while everyone else got 40%? Perhaps 40% off while everyone else got 30% off? In the end you're talking about a difference of $6 or $7 dollars, people. Is this really worth getting all up in arms about?

Lastly, at $40 these programs are still an amazing value. Affinity software is part of my daily workflow so to pay another $40 to a company that has created a nearly flawless piece of software whose closest competitor costs multiple times this per year seems like a no brainer to me. If I use it for even a year it's paid for itself many times over. We should be thanking Affinity for working on the upgrades and keeping it affordable for us, not complaining because we don't feel "special".

Honestly, let's just all be grateful to have a V2 option that's still so affordable and move on with our lives. 

Let's not forget that Serif has said that v1 owners who upgrade to v2 will receive a gift of some sort, which is very nice (especially for people who can actually use whatever they end up offering). Although it's been over two months since that promise was made. Is there any update on this, or did I miss something?

From Ash on 11/16/2022:

However, taking on board some of the feedback there is something extra we can do – we will offer a new free bundle of content exclusively for V1 customers upgrading to V2 as an extra thank you for your support. I’ve seen this suggested by a number of customers and it’s a great idea as it does remove the App Store conflict entirely. 

We’ll need a little time to put something together, but all customers who previously registered or purchased V1 and have since upgraded to V2 will receive a voucher code for this via email as soon as we can.