You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 2 installation directory??

6 minutes ago, Hans De Smaele said:

I didn't try with your account (SWJO). What you wrote is correct for using it with Irfanview but it doesn't work with Adobe LightRoom nor Adobe Bridge. I always get a message that says : "The system can't get access to the file".

Did you try what is in the FAQ   which was    %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AffinityPhoto2.exe     but I can't access that link given by Lee D now for some reason

I’ve tired all these on a number of programs that run Affinity 1 and non  allow access and therefore  don’t load it. DxO PhotoLab, FastStone Image Viewer and Photo Supreme 7 all cant run Affinity 2 due to it being an app. Using the comands in "run" works its from other programs it failes to run Affinity 2 it needs sorting somhow or I have little use for V2 and will have to keep using V1

Edited by john30
update

3 hours ago, Lee D said:

Hi @Sangoma Welcome to the forums.

Please see the following FAQ article in relation to apps locations for creating shortcuts in other apps.

It says "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it".

Also why not allow to set our own installation path. As a power user I try to keep my Windows drive clean, Windows tends to add garbage to it over the time.
Also where does Affinity 2 put the Add-Ons like bruhses? I guess in AppData too?

40 minutes ago, john30 said:

I’ve tired all these on a number of programs that run Affinity 1 and non  allow access and therefore  don’t load it. DxO PhotoLab, FastStone Image Viewer and Photo Supreme 7 all cant run Affinity 2 due to it being an app. Using the comands in "run" works its from other programs it failes to run Affinity 2 it needs sorting somhow or I have little use for V2 and will have to keep using V1

I have the same problem with Designer2 and Photo2 with Cartoon Animator 5.  With Affinity 1 no problem to open. 

Finally found the location in the AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/SerifEurope .....  but Adobe Bridge cannot access it.  The Adobe message is "The file cannot be accessed by the system."  I can't find much excuse for this.  The program should install in the Windows/Program Files/Affinity like any well behaved program and like Photo V1.  Stay the hell out of AppData and particularly the Microsoft section.  FIX IT. I just paid money to buy the "upgrade"

I am totally baffled how such a major problem could have made it into a release version and how do you get if uninstalled?

I have support from another program saying the only way is to for me change all the permitgions in the Apps folder and in the Affinity too. What a mess!

43 minutes ago, Irrgeist said:

It says "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it".

Also why not allow to set our own installation path. As a power user I try to keep my Windows drive clean, Windows tends to add garbage to it over the time.
Also where does Affinity 2 put the Add-Ons like bruhses? I guess in AppData too?

I quite agree, if I had known it was an app and installed like this, I would not have bought it.

I bought it based on my experience of the other one, must say I am massively disappointed, fell I have paid for something I did not want!

I avoid installing apps, I did not find out about this until it was installed and I couldn't find it in Programme files

22 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Finally found the location in the AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/SerifEurope .....  but Adobe Bridge cannot access it.  The Adobe message is "The file cannot be accessed by the system."  I can't find much excuse for this.  The program should install in the Windows/Program Files/Affinity like any well behaved program and like Photo V1.  Stay the hell out of AppData and particularly the Microsoft section.  FIX IT. I just paid money to buy the "upgrade"

Can we get a refund?

2 minutes ago, Hans De Smaele said:

:-). Hold your horses, my friends. V2 isn't a bad release (I guess). They just have to find a solution for the problem. So, as so often in IT : wait and see, a fix should solve this....

I can't see them re-packaging it to install properly, and I am quite annoyed they did not say upfront and clearly that it now installed as an app, that is a major shift.