You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2 – Universal Licence – differences between Stores?

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

So Upgrading via Serif Or Apple gives you about the same, and your V2 Universal License can be shared around your devices and those of your family members, but only via your Affinity ID that you registered it to.

That's good to get some clarification on!

That's still in conflict with the "How many devices can I install Affinity apps on?" under the FAQ section, which says that other people can only use them on your own machines for non-commercial use. I assume that will not be aggressively enforced as long as there's a reasonable amount of devices tied to a single Affinity ID.

• Staff
20 minutes ago, erutan said:

I assume that will not be aggressively enforced as long as there's a reasonable amount of devices tied to a single Affinity ID.

That's my understanding 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Issue resolved with a password reset  All good now.

Just upgraded to V2 universal license (own all V1 apps Mac/iOS). Paid for license from within my existing serif account. 

Unable now to use the iPad V2 apps. I selected the 'already have a universal license' option and it rejects my serif ID and password. For one of the apps, I chose to continue in trial and then enter my serif details once the app was fully launched – credentials also rejected. ID and password are correct as they work on the serif site.

I waited a couple of days and tried again. Same issue.

What's the solution please?

Edited by SG1000

• 4 weeks later...

Still need help I bought the Universal License through Apple I can see the license in my account but the license only seems to have worked on one IPADOS application when I try to activate it on the remaining Apps it says I don’t have an account all really strange any clues any one?

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Ewart100 said:

Still need help I bought the Universal License through Apple I can see the license in my account but the license only seems to have worked on one IPADOS application when I try to activate it on the remaining Apps it says I don’t have an account all really strange any clues any one?

Hi Ewart100!

We are just about to release an update (2.0.3) - after you install the update, your other Affinity apps on the same iPad should then work with your Universal licence.

Previously, you had to use the Register Purchase feature for that to work, but this restriction has now been lifted. :) 

When will this release happened as I still have the issue at the moment I have purchased the Universal License through the Apple App Store paid my £89 and it is as much use as a chocolate teapot, it would be good to know when this issue will be fixed. As I said when I bought the Universal License for the first generation products everything worked brilliantly this time Serif and Apple seem to have got it horribly wrong. Don’t mind that if it is fixed, my line has always been don’t judge a company when it goes right, judge it when it goes wrong, and it has so I will judge Serif if they solve the issue within the 28 day trial period because after that I will have lost £89 so its in you hands chaps.

50 minutes ago, Ewart100 said:

As I said when I bought the Universal License for the first generation products everything worked brilliantly

V1 did not have a Universal license. It only exists with V2, and works quite differently than anything in V1.

53 minutes ago, Ewart100 said:

When will this release happen

They released 2.0.3 yesterday. Please see this announcement for the details:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1