You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF Design: how to change the text (see attached file)

• Staff

Hi iMac1943,

Affinity Designer doesn't have tools to perform distortions like this yet (perspective). They are on the roadmap and will be implemented in a future version.

If you own Affinity Photo your can use its non-destructive raster based distortion tools to accomplish the same result visually, but it does not change the object geometry as it would do with vector based distortion tools.

• Staff

Hi iMac1943,

You can create a basic version of this effect by using grids & axis manager and pace the view into isometric and you can use the rotate and skew option in the transform tab to create the effect as shown in the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Darren

post-25202-0-74422000-1452691723_thumb.png

• Staff

The skew option is in the bottom right of the transform tab with the letter s and it allows you to angle the object, I had a quick play on adding text to the truck as shown in the screenshot this was just quickly done by adding artistic text and then rasterised so I could change the angle. You can also convert the text to curves and then change each of the letters individually

post-25202-0-05346600-1452693324_thumb.png

• Staff

Yes you can use the one in the character, I use the one in the transform as it also has the rotate option and you can choose the anchor point to apply the effect from. I used the centre point rather than the default top left hand corner.

post-25202-0-47094600-1452697740_thumb.png

• Staff

There is another option if you download the trial version of Affinity Photo you can use the perspective tool on the text and then save as a Affinity Photo format and then in Designer use to place tool to open the file and then place this on the truck .