You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Official Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials

• Staff

Hello all, we're proud to announce that alongside the V2 launch of the Affinity apps, we've produced a completely new set of video tutorials to compliment the apps. These tutorials are all produced in-house by our Product Experts team.

We've worked incredibly hard on these videos, and feel they represent a huge jump in both technical and presentational quality. Hopefully you all agree! The old V1 videos—now considered legacy—are still available on YouTube, consolidated into one playlist. The link for this playlist is available at the bottom of this post.

Hope you all find the new tutorials useful!

What's New (Overview of V2)

Basics

Advanced

Layers

Tools

Filters and Adjustments

Corrective & Retouching

Workflows & Techniques

iPad Tutorials

Legacy V1 Tutorials

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

• Staff
2 hours ago, Christophe07 said:

The video on Digital Collage seems to be misplaced. The link goes to Manual Lens Correction Profiles. 

Thank you for letting me know, I've corrected the link.

Hey James,

Thanks for another set of great tutorials. Always loved them. One thing though: Can we please have them back on the affinity website? That was such a clean and clear overview with the well sized thumbnails. YouTube Playlist are - sorry - a mess, at best. Not to forget, Googles never ending experiment with changing the UI and UX of the YouTube Website. Using the Playlists I find it way harder to find what I'm looking for + more clicks than necessary (Click on basic > new page opens > first video starts playing > disturbs from searching through the playlist). 

Again, nothing wrong with the content itself, great as always. Same goes for the new Suite itself. Great work!

• Staff
7 hours ago, Scapa said:

Hey James,

Thanks for another set of great tutorials. Always loved them. One thing though: Can we please have them back on the affinity website? That was such a clean and clear overview with the well sized thumbnails. YouTube Playlist are - sorry - a mess, at best. Not to forget, Googles never ending experiment with changing the UI and UX of the YouTube Website. Using the Playlists I find it way harder to find what I'm looking for + more clicks than necessary (Click on basic > new page opens > first video starts playing > disturbs from searching through the playlist). 

Again, nothing wrong with the content itself, great as always. Same goes for the new Suite itself. Great work!

Hi Scapa, for V2's release we decided to try going directly to YouTube as it allows us to iterate quicker on video work and be more reactive to what users are after—it was one in several factors contributing to these new videos moving forward. Hopefully for the meantime the list provided on this forum will help you find what you're looking for?

7 hours ago, Scapa said:

Not to forget, Googles never ending

… greed for harvesting user data!

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Hopefully for the meantime the list provided on this forum will help you find what you're looking for?

James, better than nothing and I understand your reasons, but still the old tutorial page was such a comfortable, lovely and warm place from a users perspective. I can't see myself coming to either the list in the forums or the YouTube playlists regularly which in the end leads to me using the products less often. I realize, though, that it may just be me who is truly missing browsing the old page to either get inspiration by the thumbnails or just to have a nice Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and watch you guys show some magic 🙂

@James Ritson  I am finding the YouTube videos for Photo rather fuzzy and a bit hard to see.  They were as clear as a bell on the Affinity site.  Specifically, I was watching the Invert Adjustment video just now, which is quite cloudy.  Fabulous information though!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

I am finding the YouTube videos for Photo rather fuzzy and a bit hard to see.

For me, the default Quality setting shows as "Auto 480p". You may want to change it manually to 1080p – or whatever resolution makes sense on your display – using the cog button.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff
39 minutes ago, Keith Palmer said:

The power of the hue range mask is very clear from the video. But I'm not clear how the luminosity blend range mask in v2 differs from an ordinary mask with the blend range cog employed in v1. Can you please advise me? Thank you.

Hi Keith, in some ways it doesn't—both use a weighted intensity calculation to blend tonal range, but "Blend Ranges" was obscure terminology for users when they were expecting to find luminosity masks.

However, it does have some advantages over blend ranges:

• You can save and load presets
  • It has an additional gaussian blur option, which as demonstrated in the tutorial creates a nice edge-contrast effect
  • It's a mask layer, so you can paint on it as well, and also drop it into a Compound Mask to combine multiple masks together (e.g. you could have two luminosity range masks that 'intersect' with one another)

Hope that helps,

James

Hallo, ich spreche hier Affinity Photo V2 auf dem iPad an.

Leider ist es mit meinem englisch schlecht bestellt, die Videos helfen mir nicht weiter. Was fehlt, wäre eine generelle Einleitung zur Bedienung, ich komme mit der Bedienung auf dem iPad überhaupt nicht zurecht, nicht bei den primitivsten Sachen, ist ganz anders beim PC. Mir reicht die Anleitung als Text in Englisch, gibt zum Glück sehr gute Übersetzungsprogramme.

D.C.

Hallo @Don Caron

Vielleicht hilft dir das Videotutorial. Ist zwar für die V1. Aber Grundlagen sind für beide Versionen.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Hallo @Don Caron

Hier ist die Info fürs Ipad;

https://affinity.help/photo2ipad/de.lproj/contents.xml?page=pages/Workspace/uiAppearance.html?title=Ändern der App-Oberfläche

Edit; das hier ist für den PC;
geh mal bitte oben auf Bearbeiten>Einstellungen

Photo_B0N0J5HcBq.png.29346195eb4293ccc36440e285142ea3.png

in den Einstellungen auf Oberfläche und dann Hell auswählen.

Photo_D6E6ZJscgr.png.62d56de5f1fda1ee6fd17cc1890eceeb.png

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

18 hours ago, myclay said:

Hallo @Don Caron

Hier ist die Info fürs Ipad;

https://affinity.help/photo2ipad/de.lproj/contents.xml?page=pages/Workspace/uiAppearance.html?title=Ändern der App-Oberfläche

Edit; das hier ist für den PC;
geh mal bitte oben auf Bearbeiten>Einstellungen

Photo_B0N0J5HcBq.png.29346195eb4293ccc36440e285142ea3.png

in den Einstellungen auf Oberfläche und dann Hell auswählen.

Photo_D6E6ZJscgr.png.62d56de5f1fda1ee6fd17cc1890eceeb.png

When will the videos be available in languages other than English?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?