You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Acquiring V2 version via Apple Mac App Store?

Hi Affinity team,

I am over the moon with this announcement. As I have purchased the individual apps through the Mac App Store, I was curious about how this works out for me during the transition to V2?

Kind regards,

eab

I just bought V2 version thru AppStore unfortunately even after payning Universal licence, I am unable open any apps and I land on Purchase window. Restore purchases does not work, the purchase is somehow not registered. I did delete V2 apps, restarted and re-install but the same happens. I do have purchase confirmation, but thats about it. Any help?

You have purchased Affinity V2 Universal Licence on 09 November 2022 and acknowledged that if you download or use this in-App Purchase within fourteen days of buying it, you will no longer be eligible to cancel this purchase.

@mp72: Can you provide a screenshot of the page you end up on when you try to run the app?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @mp72,
Do you have an Affinity ID (do not confuse it with the login you use on this forum)? Have you bought something from the Affinity Store before? If not you need to register the Affinity V2 Universal Licence in the Affinity Store and for that you need to create an account there. Here's the instructions to create an account/Affinity ID

Yes, I do have Affinity license and I did bought my first softwrae directly but then Affinity recommended to go thru AppStore which I did and Serif did reibursed the money back. The problem is that my IDs are different. Should I then login in with Affinity ID and register my AppStore ID there? Hmm a bit cumbersome . . 

So from the support today I really have no idea how to purchase if my ID on Afinity is different then ID on MacApp store.

I have sent my receipt to the Afinity support and it looks like its my problem.

I have entered your card number and last name into our payment system and there is noting there but I notice that you may have paid Apple for this and as such we will not have a record of the order on our system so you may want to contact them for more information."

Hi, I have a similar issue here.

I downloaded the 3 apps from the App Store, launched Affinity Designer, proceed to buy the Universal Licence and after confirming the payment, nothing.

The App Store do list the 3 apps as purchased but Designer only offers to activate, buy or try.

The restore purchase doesn't work and I tried the trial, thinking I could then have more options via the account, but nothing 😭

Note that I have an Affinity ID linked to my existing applications and it was automatically retrieved when I started the trial.

So now my Affinity ID is connected but there is no universal licence linked to it.

18 hours ago, Arcastar said:

si I cannot use the app.

It will run in Trial mode, won't it, until they find what's wrong? That gives you 30 days.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the V2 Universal license from the Apple App Store, whenever I open one of the apps I get the same as above - start trial or buy. I've already bought it! There's a button "Restore Purchases" but it does nothing. Clicking on "I already have Universal License" takes me to a login for Affinity ID, but there's no apparent way of syncing my Affinity ID with my Apple account - if I log in to the Affinity website and check my account there, there are no licenses!?

Now what?

This might not be necessary, maybe there's another way, but I would recommend getting your App Store purchase refunded (just say "bought by mistake") then buy the universal license on the affinity web site.

I initially bought only Photo on the iPad in the app store, then I was like nah I'm going to need at least Photo and Designer and I really want them on both the ipad and desktop. So I got the inidividual app license refunded and then bought the universal license on the affinity site.

Refund came through after 24h or something. You probably wont get hassled and it's pretty easy to do.

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, AdamGLinder said:

I did, and got charged again by the App Store. Might work differently if you're only getting one app vs the bundle. Anyhoo, I've put in my refund requests with the App Store, so will wait and see.

I just tried and this time it worked perfectly. Just be careful to select the Universal Licence and not the single App Licence like I almost did.

If you select the Universal Licence it should ask you to log in your Affinity account and voilà 😅

PS. I still don't have any news from the Affinity support team, so big thank you to @PeterDB for posting the solution here 👍

Ok, I was to quick to declare victory.

Once you licence is linked to your Affinity account, you might still have to activate the other applications.

To do that, do not follow the same process as before ! Click on the "I already have a licence" link at the bottom and login to you account.

I my case doing so in Publisher did also unlock Photos but if it doesn't just repeat the process 😅

PS. While troubleshooting I discovered that there is no way to disconnect your Affinity account from the applications.