You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Official Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials

• Staff

Hello all, we're proud to announce that alongside the V2 launch of the Affinity apps, we've produced a completely new set of video tutorials to compliment the apps. These tutorials are all produced in-house by our Product Experts team.

We've worked incredibly hard on these videos, and feel they represent a huge jump in both technical and presentational quality. Hopefully you all agree! The old V1 videos—now considered legacy—are still available on YouTube, consolidated into one playlist. The link for this playlist is available at the bottom of this post.

Hope you all find the new tutorials useful!

What's New (Overview of V2)

Basics

Advanced

Text Tools

StudioLink - Designer and Photo Interworking

Workflows & Techniques

iPad Tutorials

Legacy V1 Tutorials

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

I am sorry to inform you I don't do You Tube, what happened to your own video platform. Worst point I need to sign in to You Tube, not happening ....... I would love to update to V2 and have been with Affinity since the early days. So I may have to pass on V2 .... unless there is a change ..... I am disappointed 

2 minutes ago, Colin Red said:

what happened to your own video platform

Unless they correct me, video on Affinity Website were linked from Vimeo. But yeah, having them as usual would be nice.

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Colin Red said:

Worst point I need to sign in to You Tube, not happening

I can watch the Affinity V2 videos on YouTube without signing in.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

• Staff
1 hour ago, Colin Red said:

I am sorry to inform you I don't do You Tube, what happened to your own video platform. Worst point I need to sign in to You Tube, not happening ....... I would love to update to V2 and have been with Affinity since the early days. So I may have to pass on V2 .... unless there is a change ..... I am disappointed 

Hi Colin, sorry to hear you feel that way—as far as I'm aware, however, you can watch YouTube videos without needing to create an account or sign in. The videos are all demonetised so there are no adverts that will encroach on the content.

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

5 hours ago, Kiarian said:

Excellent. Any chance we'll be getting a new series of Workbooks? I really need some new book smell in my life. 

I was wondering if they plan to publish a supplemental for V2. +1

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

On 11/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, Kiarian said:

Excellent. Any chance we'll be getting a new series of Workbooks? I really need some new book smell in my life. 

I remember that they said that there wouldn't be more books.

Best regards!

2 hours ago, Mithferion said:

I remember that they said that there wouldn't be more books.

Best regards!

Hi Mithferion,

Can you point to that? I bought all the books for V1 and only cracked open the one for Publisher. Will these V1 workbooks still be relevant, what with the new UI?

Cheers,

Mitch

For those like me who prefer to watch the video in their own language...
Don't stick with the rather poor YouTube translation feature of a few years ago.
As @KateM points out to me, it is now very understandable.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

is it possible v2 tutorials to be placed in a playlist -- as the v1 -- so they can be downloaded faster?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello - Please - where are the "How To" INSTALLATION / UPGRADE to V2 video tutorials?  There seem to be none. 

As a somewhat new & occasional user, I upgraded to the V2 Universal license today.  Completely unaware that V2 is not an "upgrade" in the traditional sense, meaning that is upgrades the existing V1 software.  Nope - it's actually is a separate app.

How would a newbie even know?  This is nowhere to be found in your tutorials above - not anywhere in your documentation that I could find and only stumbled up this fact by accident here on the forums.  The "What's new in Affinity Publisher 2" video explains all the new features but NOT "How To Install".   Neither are there any troubleshooting videos. Newbies that need explicit directions 😀

Also - V2 asks if you wish to import existing content - YES! That would be grand!

PROBLEM: - V2 doesn't find it.  You app defaults to search an Affinity folder on my iCloud drive - which is completely empty, btw. 

So please - how do you import files from Affinity V1 into V2?

Thank you for your help!

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 8.40.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 7.37.38 AM.png

48 minutes ago, bhaynet1 said:

Hello - Please - where are the "How To" INSTALLATION / UPGRADE to V2 video tutorials?  There seem to be none. 

As a somewhat new & occasional user, I upgraded to the V2 Universal license today.  Completely unaware that V2 is not an "upgrade" in the traditional sense, meaning that is upgrades the existing V1 software.  Nope - it's actually is a separate app.

How would a newbie even know?  This is nowhere to be found in your tutorials above - not anywhere in your documentation that I could find and only stumbled up this fact by accident here on the forums.  The "What's new in Affinity Publisher 2" video explains all the new features but NOT "How To Install".   Neither are there any troubleshooting videos. Newbies that need explicit directions 😀

Also - V2 asks if you wish to import existing content - YES! That would be grand!

PROBLEM: - V2 doesn't find it.  You app defaults to search an Affinity folder on my iCloud drive - which is completely empty, btw. 

So please - how do you import files from Affinity V1 into V2?

Thank you for your help!

Hi, you might find some help on this page:

https://affinity.help/publisher2/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/GetStarted/registerAndSync.html?title=App activation and installing content

It's common for major upgrades to professional software not to overwrite the previous version so that you can still use it should you need it. You can delete the older version when you're ready to do so.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

1 hour ago, MikeTO said:

Hi, you might find some help on this page:

https://affinity.help/publisher2/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/GetStarted/registerAndSync.html?title=App activation and installing content

It's common for major upgrades to professional software not to overwrite the previous version so that you can still use it should you need it. You can delete the older version when you're ready to do so.

Good luck.

Thank you, Mike - you reply is helpful and greatly appreciated.

I have installed all 3 V2 apps & they are running side by side with V1.   The main problem now is that the apps (Publisher, Designer, Photo) are not importing V1 content. 

When installing the app, it asks "Import Content?" I clicked YES.  However the app defaults to a new Affinity folder on my iCloud account, which is empty.  I did not create this folder and there is nothing in the folder to import.

All of my affinity content is on my desktop in various folders.  It would seem like the app should search for any and all files with an Affinity suffix.

So the question remains - how to I import my V1 content into V2? Is this iCloud folder a glitch in the matrix?  OR do I have to do onesie-twosie / hunt & peck each file to import?

That would seem a bit cumbersome.  Also the lack of basic "How To" content for "dummies" like me is frustrating and I cannot find any troubleshooting tutorials 😀

Thank you again for your reply!

B

PS - Perhaps James Ritson can chime in?

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 7.37.38 AM.png

Edited by bhaynet1