You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Official Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials

• Staff

Hello all, we're proud to announce that alongside the V2 launch of the Affinity apps, we've produced a completely new set of video tutorials to compliment the apps. These tutorials are all produced in-house by our Product Experts team.

We've worked incredibly hard on these videos, and feel they represent a huge jump in both technical and presentational quality. Hopefully you all agree! The old V1 videos—now considered legacy—are still available on YouTube, consolidated into one playlist. The link for this playlist is available at the bottom of this post.

Hope you all find the new tutorials useful!

What's New (Overview of V2)

Basics

Advanced

Vector Tools

Raster Tools

Text Tools

Workflows & Techniques

iPad Tutorials

Legacy V1 Tutorials

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

8 hours ago, Vakgraun said:

@James Ritson Cant find the guides / grid menu (or way to set em up) in Designer for iPad, any hint?

Try typing Guides or Grid into the Search box in the in-app Help. Or the online Help (https://affinity.help) if your app's UI is not in English, and you don't have the Help yet. They're here:

image.png.c6c730b5448c895c4ffa4752dbbf4233.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

For those like me who prefer to watch the video in their own language...
Don't stick with the rather poor YouTube translation feature of a few years ago.
As @KateM points out to me, it is now very understandable.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 1:35 AM, BotNote said:

Hi:

What if you completely new to this software!

Please make a basic, step-by-step video or instructions that helps you do a specific design from start to finish. 

I have buyers remorse since the level of learning seems to be way to advanced for any Newbie to start. 

If, like me, you prefer written tutorials, then look at these from @Blueprint.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

12 hours ago, dvsDave said:

are there sample files we can download to follow along with the tutorial?

It depends which tutorial you're talking about!
For some basic tutorials (many with sample files), have a look at those by "Affinity Revolution" on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/@AffinityRevolution (There are quite a few free ones.) Many tutorials may still be using v1, but should be fine for v2 if you just want to learn the basics.

[N.B. I have no connection with Affinity Revolution and am not recommending that you pay for any of their courses – I have no personal knowledge of them.]

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, walt.farrell said:

Try typing Guides or Grid into the Search box in the in-app Help. Or the online Help (https://affinity.help) if your app's UI is not in English, and you don't have the Help yet. They're here:

image.png.c6c730b5448c895c4ffa4752dbbf4233.png

Where to find the Search box in the in-app Help?

9 hours ago, silvergt0 said:

Where to find the Search box in the in-app Help?

iPad, V2: 

image.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1