You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Congratulations! And a fantastic offer at launch.

3 minutes ago, Musaed said:

Still puzzled by those offended by complaints and doing their best to defend Serif!

People: Stop hijacking others' right to voice their opinion and complaints! This forum is not meant for niceties only. Complaints ARE permitted!

Hi,

I started this thread. It was positive feedback as shown by the title. If you want to complain feel free to put it in your own thread. You are trying to hijack my positive thread!

8 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

Hi,

I started this thread. It was positive feedback as shown by the title. If you want to complain feel free to put it in your own thread. You are trying to hijack my positive thread!

Sorry. But I don't believe You OWN the thread. And if there's any hijaking it's your attempt to stop me from posting. Won't work.

Scroll back up. Others share my opinion about the missing features.

54 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

Hi,

What's the big deal? Just because you started a thread doesn't mean all posters have to agree with you. Don't expect everyone to just clap and celebrate. I'm very excited about this new version. So far no complaints from me 😁. But feedback and criticisim from some users are good. Isn't what lead MS to change the awful Windows 8 into the much better Windows 10? You should've read the Windows forums back then... whew! LOL

Edited by MBWanderer

20 hours ago, Ronald N. Tan said:

I think, we can be positive and constructive when providing/expressing disappointment.

Remember that we can express grievances towards Serif by simply "voting" with our wallets. There is no need for unnecessary anger towards fellow users or towards the staff. Going forward, I will listen to my own words and I will not be upgrading to version 2.

A "Shut up and take my money!" moment will be when Serif provides support for BOTH Indic languages and RTL languages.

I remain thankful towards the staff and developers at Serif for keeping Indic and RTL language dialogue open.

Although this version 2 is not for me, from reading at tweet replies and forums here, version 2 made several others of Affinity application users happy. With the release of Publisher, the people who wanted Footnotes/Endnotes/Whatever-notes got what they wished for.

Maybe in Version 3, full Indic and RTL support for languages will be supported. Cheers to the staff at Serif and Happy Version 2 Release Day to everyone else.

LOL I already gave them the "shut up and take my money" treatment. Been using it almost nonstop since last night.

Edited by MBWanderer

22 minutes ago, MBWanderer said:

What's the big deal? Let people talk and disagree. Don't expect everyone to just clap and celebrate. I'm very excited about this new version. So far no complaints from me 😁. But feedback and criticisim from some users are good.

There are plenty of threads for you to do that, like making your own. Trying to go after other forum goers for voicing a different opinion than yours just comes off as in poor taste. If you still wish to be confrontational with others then don't come here and complain when people respond back in kind.

1 minute ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

There are plenty of threads for you to do that, like making your own. Trying to go after other forum goers for voicing a different opinion than yours just comes off as in poor taste. If you still wish to be confrontational with others then don't come here and complain when people respond back in kind.

Easy there. Who's confrontational? And I just don't understand the link between taste and downright conformity in a thread? I'll go back and check the forum rules to see if there is a rule against disagreeing with the forum starter. Will get back to you.

This is getting out of hand! All I said was that it is very unfortunate that V2 has no support for RTL and complex script. Why would that offend anyone? Why do I need a different thread? You don't like my posts then don't read them! Yikes!

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Musaed said:

This is getting out of hand!

agreed. locked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon