You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop marks are incorrect in Publisher document

So here's a problem I didn't expect to have. I have a multipage Publisher document that bleeds on all 4 sides. The size is 2.5" x 3.5" with .125" bleed all around. You can see from the image the the crop marks do not align with the page size except the first, upper left, marks. Can't figure out why it's doing this or how to fix.

The images show the page and the master page. The black outline is the bleed size, the gray outline is the actual page (trim) size. Only the first set of crop marks are correct. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

1224081448_ScreenShot2022-11-08at1_20_59PM.thumb.png.f07517b2ce12c4f95b1640c5b2d90f00.png260929596_ScreenShot2022-11-08at1_22_13PM.thumb.png.27233b9f440bd9932c63cb95b98365ae.png

I can't reproduce a crop mark offset issue here.
How do the crop marks in the attached .afpub export for you, respectively how do they appear in the PDF if opened in APub?

crop marks.afpub  crop marks.pdf

1067124545_cropmarks.jpg.f815f7219f0f0ac78b896c40dd6205da.jpg

If the issue continuous with your layout, can you upload your .afpub + exported PDF?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

16 minutes ago, dcrosby said:

Sorry thomaso and anyone who wasted time contemplating this problem. I'm an idiot. I placed those crops incorrectly on a master page myself and thought they were generated by Affinity. Created a bunch of extra work for myself as well. Sheesh!

Haha, there are so many features in Affinity that I still haven't used that I thought there must be an on-screen crop marks feature I had missed. I went through the View menu and Preferences, I looked in Help, I googled it... Look at what you made me do! 🙂 

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

26 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Haha, there are so many features in Affinity that I still haven't used that I thought there must be an on-screen crop marks feature I had missed. I went through the View menu and Preferences, I looked in Help, I googled it... Look at what you made me do! 🙂 

I may need a workflow adjustment. I created 9 cards on separate pages in Publisher. I wanted to take advantage of Master Pages. I then imported each page to a separate Publisher doc, the fronts on one side of a page and the rears on the other with manual crop marks. This allows my printer to print out one 2-sided page and trim a "deck" of cards. Putting the crops on the master page of my cards file worked fine, I just forgot what my process was, lol.

Affinity's 3-in-1 software with similar vector, paint, and text tools in each allows and almost demands a different workflow from what I've gotten used to after 30 yrs of "the Adobe way." It's both liberating and confusing. Having to use Adobe apps at work doesn't make it any easier. I hope you picked up at least one tidbit you didn't know while researching my non-problem. ;-)