You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing an Image in it’s original dimensions

I already posted this in the questions-section, but as there seems no solution to this I will just post it again here as a feature request:

If I place a TIFF-Image without scaling it, it will not be placed in it’s original dimensions but scaled to fit the document’s DPI.

For example: If I have an Image with 10x10 cm at 1000 dpi and place it in an AD document with the document resolution set to 200 dpi the image will be placed in a size of 50x50 cm to fit the document resolution. I think, it should be the other way (or at lest you should be able to toggle this behaviour).

Normaly, placing an image in a document, I would like to preserve it’s original dimensions. Regardless, which dpi it would have after that. Any other DTP-Software I know behaves this way. For example: If I place a 10x10 cm TIFF in Illustrator, it will always be this size by default.

Adjusting the document dpi to the dpi of the image can’t be the solution. What, if you have different Images with different dpi that you would like to place in their original dimensions in one AD-document?

P.S.: I just did some testing with other import-formats. TIFF, JPG and PSD all behave this way, EPS results in different dimensions but still not the original dimensions and PDF was the only file-format resulting in a 10x10cm image being placed in exactly this dimensions regardless of the dpi.

At least the EPS should be sized to it’s bounding-box dimensions by default, don’t you think so?

camera200.png

www.fo-to.net · Travel Photography · Stock Images