Sign in to follow this  
Typo-Graph

Outer Shadow Issues

Having completed a business card design sheet an outer shadow was applied to text, when exporting to a PDF one letter had dropped out of the design and a large blocking effect over the other text which should not be there. so went back to the original .afdesign file only to find the issue was not their on screen and everything checked out ok. So I decided to print from the .afdesign file only to find the printout had the same missing letter and added blocking to text that the PDF had, their seems to be some kind of issue going on with the software. Hope it is fixed soon I have clients breathing down my neck for this work.

Welcome to the forums. I think it would be useful if you could attach the .afdesign file or share what the font was for testing purposes TG.

Thanks.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Hi Typo-Graph,

I've been unable to reproduce the issue using just Artistic and Frame Text on a new document.

Would you be able to attach your document - or if you feel uncomfortable doing that (being client based work) could you PM me a link to it on Dropbox please? I can get the issue logged and get the developers to look into it.

In the meantime as a workaround you could try setting the 'Rasterise' to Everything. This can be found under the 'More' settings for PDF export.

Thanks

Sean

I just wanted to note that I ran into an issue with outer shadow affects not rendering on pdf export.  Very frustrating, as I didn't discover the issue until after exporting over 80 images which required individual adjustments and exports.