You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide overlapping artboard labels

Hey,

Really like working with AD, at least when it doesn't crash. Which is does now, a lot - like every other minute. Seems mostly when dealing with artboards. Also, to make a crash more annoying, the studio hides and the tools "undock". To re-launch AD after a crash I have to:

1. Launch AD. This launch however, will freeze.

2. Force quit AD.

3. Re-launch AD.

4. Re-dock Tools.

5. Reset Studio.

6. Open the work file.

6. Create a new document and add any shape to the canvas. (This is the only way for the layers in the studio to actually appear.)

7. Close the new document.

8. Get back to work, until it crashes again.

9. Rinse and repeat from step 1.

Needless to say, this is EXTREMELY frustrating and time consuming. I would have posted this under bugs, but seems you have closed that forum.

Aanyway....

When I sufficiently zoom out, I would really like to see the overlapping artboard labels hidden. There is no point in showing something that looks like this (attached image):

post-2015-0-15735500-1452555941_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Gatada,

Can you please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching Designer then select Clear from the dialof that will open. This will reset Affinity and hopefully fix some of those issues.

If you still have trouble can you try the Beta instead. You can get it from here. Remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed since its needed to validate and run the Beta.

If you still experience crashes after this, let us know, so we can log and fix them.

The artboard's labels issue was already logged to be looked at.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...