You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been having an issue with AD and my vinyl cutting software not recognizing colors.  The vinyl cutting software company is telling me that I need to export PDF files without compression.

AD does not appear to offer any settings for PDF compression.  How can I be certain that no compression is being used when exporting to PDF?

I export using (Acrobat 5) 1.4 Compatibility

Here was their quote: This has to do with the pdf-compression that makes the first color-parameter in the file to be corrupted, we've done a special-hack to solve this issue but it has only to do with saving Adobes AI-files as embedded PDF-files. If you save the file without compression, it should always work.

The compression formats we use for PDF export are JPEG, PNG and Zip. JPEG is a lossy image format, and we provide an option to disable it in case you need images to be pixel-perfect. (That's the option Darren describes). We don't currently provide any option to disable the other two because they are both lossless and should be universally understood.

We could consider a feature request to add such an option. However, I don't think we'd be able to do it soon, and as far as I can tell your vinyl cutting content is saying the problem is in their software and they already have a fix for it.

Not sure what you did in the latest MAS version but my issues seem to be mostly fixed now.  I still have an issue with the first color not being recognized in my cutting software if the first color is black (one gets subtracted from the color, e.g. RGB color 111 becomes 000) but I think that it is the cutting software issue now.  

Thank you for your continued work on this!