You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zeplin.io integration/cooperation

I don't particularly need Zeplin as such, even though we do use it at work. But something that…

• Allow others to view designs without having to install software
  • Allow others to comment on designs
  • Download designs, and download exports.

… is a necessary part of a design process. If you're a distributed company, even more so.

Copying CSS is nice to have, but far, far from the importance of the above. The generated CSS doesn't tend to be that good anyway.

With Serif commitment to Affinity products being non-subscription, this could potentially make business sense as a subscription based supplement, if developed by you.

Zeplin integration provided by Serif doesn't make sense to me. In this case, exposing an API and making the integration a task of the third party makes more sense.

Edit: This is basically what's keeping me from dropping Sketch. Dropping Sketch would be a great relief to me. The way Sketch does components might be a little bit more intuitive perhaps (although it's not that great either to be honest), but other than that, AD is definitely better in every respect.

Edited by Henrik
Addendum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to have to use other software for the UI projects I'm developing because I feel very comfortable with Affinity Designer. However, since I have to share the product with a work team, I am forced to use software designed to the sharing of resources, the description, and the management of feedback.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel very unprofessional using Affinity Designer - my favourite piece of software - when my customers and team mates ask me if we can use Zeplin... 

Is Zeplin even considered in future updates? Any reaction would be appreciated Serif...

Edited by Jorict

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 12:33 PM, Teo_ said:

I'm sorry to have to use other software for the UI projects I'm developing because I feel very comfortable with Affinity Designer. However, since I have to share the product with a work team, I am forced to use software designed to the sharing of resources, the description, and the management of feedback.

Exactly the same here... 

Please give us this integration with v2 at least.

Branding, Identity Design, UI/UX Design.    |    https://whitex.design

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...