You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artistic Text Tool Issue

lindslb

When I use the artistic text tool it will randomly change to all caps and then when I click the backspace or enter it will add squares sometimes with ? inside. I have to close out of the program then relaunch. There is no consistency to when this happens or how long between when it happens. It has been going on for a month or so. Usually when I relaunch it will be fine. I had downloaded Windows 11 a few weeks ago (but this problem had started before that) and then started having more crashing issues. I did contact Windows for them to help me get Windows 10 back since I was unable to uninstall Windows 11 and was having too may problems using Publisher. I have been using Publisher now for a few hours since going back to Windows 10 and started having the above issue with the Artistic Text Tool again. This time I have had to close and relaunch on each page I have an artistic text tool I am editing. I am attaching a screen shot of what is happening. I do have the newest version of Publisher. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Bug in Publisher.png

Just a wild guess, but have you checked: 

Those updates seem to be causing a variety of problems.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes I did get this when I first posted about all the crashing issues. My computer would not allow me to uninstall updates and hide them. I had unistalled and hid the update date but it still reinstalled it as soon as I restarted my computer next. I contacted Microsoft to go back to Windows 10. Which I did yesterday. Everything was working fine for a couple hours then the Artistic Text tool issue that I was having prior to the Windows 11 update came back. Do you know if Affinity will have an update soon so that Publisher will work with all these Windows updates? 

44 minutes ago, lindslb said:

Do you know if Affinity will have an update soon so that Publisher will work with all these Windows updates? 

Serif hasn't said. Personally, I believe it's something Microsoft should fix as they seem to have broken a number of applications. And Serif staff have indicated that Microsoft has accepted their bug reports about this.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@NathanC this has happened with multiple different fonts and different projects. Like I said before it’s been happening for awhile now not just since the Windows 11 update. It can happen several times in a row or can be days before it happens again. The project I’m working on it hasn’t happened since posting this. But I did try editing all the artistic text for each page and not using other tools in between. Not sure if that helped or was just a coincidence. Also sometimes when I go to change the font I will click in the font drop down and type the name. That will often crash the program. 

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Keyboard input broken after altering table settings" (REF: AFB-7583) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.