You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HSL slider glitch

The issue I'm having is that when I colorpick an area I'm painting and reduce the Lightness of the color in the Color panel using the HSL sliders, more than just the L changes. I've watched several times as I've tried to get a darker version of the same green, for example, and although numerically the S value stays the same, visibly the swatch in the corner becomes more saturated as I lower the L value. I can paint with the colorpicked color, lower the L value only, paint next to it, then colorpick the new color (which should only be darker, not more saturated) and the new color now has an Saturation value way higher than what I started with.

Yes I am using the latest version.

Yes I can reproduce it.

No it does not seem to persist in a new document (so far...)

I'm on Windows 10 using a Wacom Intuos CTL-4100.

• Staff

Hi @watchful_shadow welcome to the forums,

As you mentioned i've also not been able to re-produce this issue in a new document, therefore I would like to request if you could upload the file you experienced this issue on to the private dropbox link below for further investigation.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/xJMNmQaJbYECwvBLu2wr

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Update:
I tried creating a new document and copy+pasting my work into it to see if that would circumvent the issue, but it seems like the issue in the new document is worse. I can't imagine what I would have copy+pasted that would do this... Also, I updated to version 1.10.6 today, but who knows if that has an effect.