You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ventura & Affinity/Wacom Q

I'll preface by saying I checked the News section of the forums first and didn't find any announcements regarding my subject. 

Just wondering if anyone is using Affinity Photo and/or Designer on Ventura yet, and if so, are there any serious issues you've found.

Also, is anyone running Ventura and using a Wacom Cintiq and/or Intuos Pro? Again, if so, any issues.

Thanks a bunch :) .

Mac Studio, Monterey (latest version) / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD Storage / Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro (latest drivers) / Affinity Photo & Designer v 1.10.5

https://glennsart.myportfolio.com

Ok, thanks for this. Actually, the OS is the 'parent' so it's up to the apps (the 'children') to adapt to the OS. That's definitely not a knock on developers though, especially Affinity. They've actually been ahead of the curve when it comes to the changes over the past couple of years. It does take time to get everything sorted out and I'm sure they'll get that glitch sorted. Anyway, I really appreciate the input. By the by, this is a relatively minor thing in the end. I chatted with Wacom recently and they told me they 'hope' to have drivers ready for their tablets in time for the new year. THAT I'm not happy about at all. So, I may not be updating anytime soon I guess :( . 

Thanks again @mach49

Mac Studio, Monterey (latest version) / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD Storage / Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro (latest drivers) / Affinity Photo & Designer v 1.10.5

True that. It was just wishful thinking (venting) on my part that Apple would do its usual 2 or 3 updates in the first week. I love AP, it’s usually way stable. Actually, it gets better after about 20 minutes. All good….

Yeah, THAT would drive me nuts. I’m hoping my xp pen has the update by now.

Cheers, fam.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a Wacom One Tablet and tried to use it with my Mac M1 laptop running Ventura os.

Although Wacom Tech tells you that it is possible and gives you the guidance Ventura blocks the Wacom driver download and locks up you Mac with a pop up window telling you to unlock security settings.......... with using Ventura is nothing but a blackhole.

Hoping that Wacom gets a downloadable drive soon.

@Mike V - thanks for this. I am curious though - Ventura should not be blocking the download. It might ask you if you want to download from the Wacom Site (that's a Safari thing though), but it should still allow it. Are you using Safari, or another browser? In terms of the security settings, Wacom Drivers have always required you to go into System Preferences (now Settings)>Security & Privacy, and grant permissions there. I think they used to do that more or less automatically but Ventura is somewhat tighter that way so you probably have to do it manually. Now, from what I'm hearing, even doing all that doesn't necessarily mean the tablet will function as a tablet under Ventura. What exactly is taking Wacom so long in getting drivers up and running I'm not really sure, but they are behind Xencelabs and I think even Huion in this regard. I agree with you, let's hope they get things sorted out sooner rather than later (although to me, it's already, 'later'). 

Thanks again for posting. Appreciate your input.

@Mike V - FYI, I updated to Ventura tonight after loading in the newest Wacom drivers (released on the 15th). My functions all appear to work just fine. I'm not sure about the Wacom Desktop Center. They claim there are still a couple of problems with it, but I have found the new DTC pretty much useless to be honest. It keeps telling me that I have a firmware update available to me, even though I've installed that firmware 3 times now; and it never let me know about this (and possibly the previous) driver update. I deselected the auto-start function in that and won't run it anymore. Anyway, thought I'd let you know FWIW.