You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some fonts doesn’t appear

Hi

Why do some fonts not appear in the fonts list (i.e. Athelas, an OTF-TTF font), in AFPub.

Even if adequately installed into user’s font folder into the library, and accesible with other apps.

This has begun to happen when installing a fresh OS (macOS 12, and 13)
Before refreshing OSystem AFPub used Athelas without problem.

Is there a method to make those rebel fonts to reenter AFPub discipline, like they normally did?

Emilio

• Staff

Hi eluengo,

Are you installing via Creative Cloud? I receive an error whilst downloading this font on OSX 12.6 in the Adobe font manager but it's fine on Windows, and viewable in Publisher, so perhaps there's an OSX compatibility issue as opposed to an Affinity Publisher issue.

Lee

• Staff

Ignore the above, after some research I realised Apple now include this font in OSX itself, hence the error.

The font is showing for myself, is it possible that you have overwritten what is now a system font?

I've also seen people having issues with this font in other software not showing, in those cases creating a copy of the font with a different name (same extension) resolved this.

Lee

For what it is wirth, the one time I have run into this problem is when using fonts downloaded and licensed from Adobe Fonts.  While I cannot prove it, I believe that this is as a result of DRM (digital restrictions) placed on the font to prevent them being redistributed.  In elementary terms: I believe Adobe is using a proprietary method of storing these fonts that makes them unavailable to the OS (I also cannot use them in MS Word, Corel WordPerfect or Corel Draw, etc).

Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo on Windows 10.

I manage print from typesetting to preprint to final print & finishing at an Ottawa-area print shop.  Have questions?  Feel free to ask!